250 Air Intake Temp

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Cowan91, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Hi, my 250 is equipped with the RS monitor and I always keep an eye on the oil and air temp before I decide to get into really using the turbo.. But I've only had the car since last Saturday and I happened to notice the air temp creeping up while sitting in bad traffic earlier today. Was in the high 40s, nearly 50! This was after it had been well warmed up.

Bearing in mind I'm in Scotland and it's like 10 Celsius outside right now lol... When I start moving though it does pretty much half, like in the 20s. Is this something to worry about or does this seem normal? Think I'm being pretty paranoid but it's my new baby haha..:rolleyes:

Any advice would be appreciated guys. Also sorry if this is possibly in the wrong section, wasn't sure if it was here or electrical. Excuse the newb.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. Sounds normalish I think, the standard IC is... surprisingly small so can pick up a a bit of heat soak baring in mind it's function is pretty reliant on airflow through the car moving.

3. Normal.Nothing to worry about.

4. High intake temps can't really do much damage if your just idling in traffic. Even when moving fast in summer months with an uprated cooler mine sits around the 30 mark although this time of year all I see is <20 even on track.