Air filter

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BlaneyRev, Aug 2, 2015.

1. I have bought a cone filter what size is the pipe that the cone is fitting too? And to take the standard box off do you need to take battery out?

2. Dont fit it sell it.
    You will ruin your MAF which is 200€ new, from the oil that is used to lubricate the filter, also you will draw in more dust and more hot air.

3. really? Had no issues since I fitted my cone filter?

4. Cone filters doing things worse, only some good CAI with decent heat shield will work. But its only for the sound i think, you cant gain any power with this mod. So its best to use some aftermarket panel or OEM panel filter.

5. Really so I have been trying to rip out my original air box for nothing? Alot of Megane 225s on this forum are using a cone filter?

6. It is mention for the cars equiped with MAF, which baley has on his 1.9 dci,
    Any free flow filter, being that a cone or panel needs lubrication, and that lubricant can ruin the MAF,
    Regarding the performance, yes a panel filter is better option than cone always