Air con pump

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ryan herbert, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Had this rattle for ages, noticeable with windows down when letting off the revs, took it to a garage who said it was the aux belt tensioner, decided to let them do the work as unlike my previous cars that i have done all the work on myself i thought id leave it to the pro's anyway, get a phonecall, yeah the noise is mainly coming from the ac pump clutch, now im not picking at them for misdiagnosis as i can see that its hard to say until its up on the ramp and all of the pullys are in front of you, but i did shit myself at the price for sorting the ac pump, which brings me to my next point...
    1) Does anyone know of any megs being broke that i can buy the ac pump?
    2) is the same pump/pully used on any other renault or do they use a specific pump for rs mk3's?
    3) or part number for the correct pump?
    4) is there someone that reconditions pumps? If so is there a cheapish ac delete pully i could fit while its being repaired?
    5) are they simple to take off and fit (i have someone with the vac pump to reclaim the gas)
    So basically yeah, its going to turn out to be an expensive rattle was quoted £850, cheers guys