R26 air box mod

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jimboy2, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Surely using a big hole saw is the best way to do it.

2. I use an angle grinder with either a diamond blade or a slitting disk, dead easy mod to do

3. The rubber intake pipe isn't being used to full capacity with the stock system. So when you mod the airbox you allow air to come through that 7" plastic pipe at the front plus more that is just coming through the engine bay under load. There really is no downsides to it as it is never seen, it makes a decent noise and it complements a stage 1 map by getting more air in after you've asked the car to generate more boost ad heat.

4. In my experience this is a great mod! I worth it imo, if only for the noise!

5. Stu

Stu

Does this mod create any droning at cruising speeds?

I guess not as it's usually exhausts which cause that problem, had that on a previous car and hated it.

Just thought I'd check though, as I do love a good induction noise, like I had on my Gti6, and would love to have that back.

6. Induction noise is far better than exhaust noise imo.

7. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Is this possible without disconnecting battery dont know where my radio code is and can only find a postit note with some prices on one side and a 4 digit number on reverse

8. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

No panic ex owner just txt me it and I found a piece of paper wedged in handbook with same number on :smile:

9. No drone, only small suction noise when you floor it and the smallest psssh noise when you let off