After many Clios, a Megane RS250 Cup

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Derek182, Dec 30, 2021.

1. So after buying a new 182 Cup in 2005, doing a few trackdays, deciding it was too valuable to crash so buying a 172 Cup, doing lots of trackdays, selling it to buy a rally car, then back to a 182 Cup for more trackdays, followed by a very quick Westfield then a 200 Cup, did 2 trackdays in that, decided it was a bit slow, I've finally bought a RS250 Cup!
    It's mildly modified with an Airtec intercooler, RS Tuning remap switchable between 250 and 300 hp and H&R springs.
    I loved the Clio 200 as a road car but my problem on track was that I would near the rev limiter in 4th on a long straight at Bedford or Snetterton, put it in 5th and not a lot would happen as it didn't have the torque to really pull the higher gears.
    I'm still getting to know the Megane but early signs are that a lack of power isn't going to be a problem.
    It's off to Alex at AW Motorworks for a service and some trackday brake pads in February, I'm going to insure it for 5 trackdays and make sure I get them done! 20211222_110552.jpg

FatRS and Poppaboost like this.
  2. Welcome to the club Derek

3. Looks familiar.
    It’s not shy in performance is it!