Advice needed

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Dean, Nov 25, 2013.

1. We took our other car in for a recall today, a 2010 1.7cdti new shape astra and shortly after picking it back up they phoned to say someone was interested in buying the car and would we like to come in to see about upgrading to a better model.

Is this just a sales ploy to get us in and spend more money with them? Its on finance, about half way through with around £7k left to pay, looking at auto trader similar spec'd, mileage, year cars are up for around the 9k mark. It would be nice to change it for a) something newer and b) I've never been happy with the economy it returns especially given the lack of power it has, so I'd be happy to upgrade to a 2.0 diesel for a bit more poke, or settle with a petrol cos the economy aint great anyway in the 1.7 diesel.

So I'm after some advice on how we should approach this. We are going in for a chat tomorrow, and ideally I'd like to come out of there better off either in newer/better car or lower repayments.

Dean

2. R26

R26

Sales ploy, yes, absolutely. Just go in and unless you get exactly what you want leave. Throw some demands in and see how it goes, you have nothing to lose.