Advan AD08r no longer available?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Trophy275, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Gents, looking for a set of tyres for the 275, had decided AD08r would be a good compromise for road and track.

Having difficulty locating a set in stock, seems they are out of production replaced by the rs version? These don’t seem to have anywhere near as good reviews?

does anyone have an experience with the AD08rs version?

Thanks stephen

2. DV8

DV8

I really miss my AD08R, such a great tyre. Not tried the RS version so also curious on peoples opinions.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not as good as a different compound, still older versions around in stock so have a decent search and you'll find them

4. I tried a set at Anglesey after 4-5 laps they went off, so went back to my usual tyre Federel 595's and used the AD08's for the road only.

Just saying :laughing:

5. What are people using now instead of these. Want a tyre where I can arrive at a track and not have to swap wheels until I can get a second set.
    Thanks

6. I use the Federal 595 Rsr's, great on the track, great on road as long as there isn't a lot of standing water.

I did a wet Spa on 595's and was really impressed.

Linus27 and mardgee like this.
  7. I nearly bought the AD08RS after years of using the AD08R then saw all the negative reviews, now running Michelin Cup 2.

8. I am thinking the same. How are they lasting?

9. For street driving - If you can’t get AD08R’s - which is my go to daily / track tyre - I’ve found Hankook RS4’s fantastic for peak grip - but after 4 track days the grip heat cycles away for me.

Cup 2’a are great for peak grip also, maybe more than AD08’s in dry conditions - but the edge wear is excessive.

I’m hoping my new Ohlins with AST tops will sort this out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. That White Integra Type R that you pass at 18m 50s is me I was on AD08R's and they are superb in the wet. Might get myself a set of Federal 595 RSR's next as they seem good as well.

ianplymouth likes this.
  11. Ooh I come back past you at 22m 55s. My Integra actually sounds quite nice Don't usually get to hear it from the outside