Adjustable top mounts - silver project

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Dazman, Sep 28, 2019.

1. I’ve recently picked up a pair of silverproject adjustable top mounts (second hand) and I have no experience with adjustable top mount so looking for advice really
    Firstly on how the adjustments actually work and secondly on what preferences people have to how to set them.
    Thanks for any help

2. They have adjustment for caster and camber. I had mine set to max and it gave about 2.2deg camber. You need the larger diameter hole cut in the turret to adjust them without dropping them. Not sure how difficult it is to drop them, it seems you'd need to remove scuttle panel and then 3 or 4 nuts but I've not tired it yet.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Remove the bolt that's underneath completely when fitting then all you need to do is loosen the 3 topmount bolts and you can adjust camber that way a lot easier

Dazman likes this.
  4. Hey dude, appreciate all your posts on here, I've learned a lot.
    Did you notice the silver project top mounts degrading ride quality at all compared to stock? I've got an awesome compromise for fast road at the moment and am sensitive to changing it. So if it's subtle I maybe can manage it with tyre choice but if it's a big difference i may not bother

5. Were you guys happy with the quality of the silver project top mounts? How did you find them on the roads? I want to get a set for my b14’s just want to know they are reliable.

6. Good afternoon, I've done about 3k kms since i put that camber plates, which includes 2 trackdays at AIA and the rest is "hillclimb" and so far i have nothing to point out. I didn't notice any significant differences on the road. However and despite supposedly giving up to -2 degrees of negative camber, i only managed to extract -1.5 with original suspension. If there is anything that can help let me know. Best regards, Alberto

Onrus likes this.
  7. Thanks Alberto. Is there a reason you could only get -1.5 degrees only? But you’re happy with the quality?

8. Sorry for the delay, in my opinion it's because the suspension "nut"/"screw" hit the chassis/strut tower and it was not possible to put more "inside" (sorry about the english). I've noticed here on the forum some examples where increased the diameter of the strut tower to 76mm and then there's room to get more negative camber.
    So far i have nothing to point out, nevertheless, i still damage the sidewall of the tyre but it's much much better than when it didn't have any negative camber (additionally it improve and reduce the understeer but there is still some in mid corner).
    I don't know if our cars are comparable but mine have Steev 19' wheels, still running the PS4S tyres (on track the hot pressures are between 29psi-33psi), Toe Out of -0,1 on the front, original shocks and springs from Cup Chassi.

9. All good Alberto. Bru I can only write in English so you’re doing well. I’ve actually got a Clio R27 and want to run 2.1 degrees negative camber because I drive my car in the road and track and want something in the middle. That’s why I’m more interested in the quality of the top mounts because they are a good price and fit the b14 suspension of have. You’re right in the megs and clio 200’s you need to enlarge the suspension turrets to achieve more camber with top mounts. In your opinion do you think the silver project top mounts would make it 10000kms between servicing?

10. Good afternoon,
    I haven't done these kms yet to be able to say that with conviction, however if it's quality that you're looking for and among other options, there are these from AST that i saw (link's below):
    https://www.optimiz-access.fr/chassis-voitures/1426-coupelles-reglables-ast-megane-3-rs.html
    https://www.optimiz-access.fr/optim...glables-ast-megane-3-rs-ressorts-origine.html

However, i've done two track days (about 14 hours in total) at the AIA (Autodromo Internacional Algarve in Portugal) with them and so far so good, everything is ok. I take this opportunity to emphasize that the reason why I chose the Silver Project ones was for the price compared to the AST ones, for example (in total 150€ for the SP vs 400€ for the AST).
    Best regards

11. Thanks Alberto. I was also considering them because of the price. I will have a look at the AST top mounts.