Adjustable front top mounts

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by arch, Jun 9, 2019.

1. I'm running 3 degrees on mine
    What coilovers are you using

2. We will be fitting Gaz coilovers front and rear

3. They weren't available when i wanted coil overs, be interested in what you think, you using for track days ???

4. It'll be used as everydayer, track days and a few rounds of Timeattack. We learned a lot with the Clio so will hopefully go quicker in the Meg'

5. Mines a track car only, although i drive it to and from tracks.

I see were both the same era, where abouts in the country are you ???

6. We are in Stoke on Trent

7. Okay so Donington your local then

8. Donington and Oulton, we've done a few laps of both

9. Ian

You are running -3 deg front, any idea what rear camber and front / rear toe ?

10. Looking at Donington 6th November after my drifting day :laughing::laughing:
    Also looking at Oulton mid July still not decided yet.

Mine was set up at Cgr, i know it has 3 degrees front, 1.5 on the rear and as for rear toe i'm not sure, sorry :openmouth:

11. Thanks for the info

Dave at Motion motorsport will do the alignment and give us a good starting point, we will then adjust based on driver feedback

12. let us know how it goes

13. Will do

14. Hydraulic punch worked a treat - 76mm cutout

We can achieve max negative camber through the cutout

ianplymouth likes this.
  15. I saw the pictures on Facebook looks like the perfect solution. Do you know where we can source a cutter ?

16. The one I used is a greenlee there is also a company called klauke

They are very expensive, I managed to borrow the one from work and we luckily had a 3” punch

17. How long did it take to punch one out, drilling took ages

18. 20 seconds a side

19. Was that setting up as well ???

20. I made a couple of paper templates using the raised swage as the centre. The template had an outer ring that was visible when the punch was in place allowing the tool to be centred. We did move it slightly off centre towards the middle of the car to give a tadge more access to the adjusters. All in all 5 mins did it all

Now getting the offside drive shaft out of the hub that was another matter

21. A couple of pic's of the cutout

IMG_1240.jpg IMG_1241.jpg

That is set to full negative camber

tc3ntro likes this.
  22. Would there be any interest if I could source a suitable punch for people to hire one of these ?

23. If you can, get a punch at say 80mm. The one I used was 76mm.

Certainly makes life very easy, we had hole saws in reserve just in case the punch didn't work - however it went like a dream

I've had a look at manual swage tools also. I found one suitable for a 3" hole. The manufacture reckons it would only do up to 1.5mm steel. I think the turret is 2mm - bummer !