R26 AC Delete Issue

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by SimonUK, Sep 9, 2018.

1. I have recently purchased an R26 track car which has had the AC removed. It's currently running a smaller Clio 182 crankshaft pulley and a stretch belt to the alternator.

I was having issues with occasional belt squeal and after half a day on track the belt has come off the pulley.

Has anyone else had success running a stretch belt? Current belt is a 4PK810SF.

Just trying to work out the easiest way to sort this.

Options:
    Refit original crankshaft pulley, AC compressor and tensioner.
    Fit pure motorsport ac delete kit
    Find a slightly shorter stretch belt

Any others ideas?

Cheers,
    Simon

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Put the tensioner back on, with the casing of the AC compressor (guts removed) so much cheaper than a AC delete kit.

Big Uno likes this.
  3. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

I think Ian is right, AC compressor can be picked up quite cheaply, will have a look as there is a chance I may still have one (not sure if I threw it away or gave it to you?)

The delete kits can get expensive for what they are.

4. I don't think we have the old compressor. Can pick them up on ebay for about £30 and a new tensioner and belt is about £75.

Would we need to change the crankshaft pulley back or could we stick with the smaller Clio one?

5. ianplymouth

Can still use the Clio pulley, but you will need a shorter belt though

Big Uno likes this.
  6. Think I'll go for this option. Don't want to risk the belt coming off again!

I don't suppose anyone knows how much smaller the Clio pulley is so that I can work out how much shorter the belt needs to be?

7. ianplymouth

I am not sure what the difference in the lengths are but you can work it out with a piece of string if you get desperate

8. You can always fit my lightweight pulley.

f72e6ff803e72d980f11fe02d9d763a6.jpg

It has OEM dimensions so you can use the original belt, and you have best from both worlds.

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

am I right in think lightweight pulleys are not a really good idea on a turbo car especially if your running a smf.