Abs sensor help needed

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by SteveKozy, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Hey all. So. Had the wheels off today for a deep clean.

Noted a sensor had come out its mount, rubbed on the suspension and almost worn through.

The abs/esp warning does comes on periodically wehen it's wet, and I'm assuming its this causing it... Shorting on the metal.

Its the abs sensor i assume. Are they hard to swap? It looks to go inside the back of the hub?

EcP stock two abs sensors but both say its for rear - i assume they are same front and back?

Got a roadtrip Saturday so need to get out done tomorrow.

Help appreciated.

Cheers

2. Mk2 or 3 ???, Mk3 is easy mk2 not so

3. Dammit lol mk2 r26

4. You will have to get in behind the hub, its tucked in between the drive shaft and the wheel bearing, me i would take the hub off :laughing::laughing:

5. That sounds like a PITA.. Good job I have the day off!

So I assume it's a get on behind. Unclip. Pull the sensor out... Carefully... And replace? Anything specific / special that i need to be aware of?

Appreciate the help

6. An electrical screwdriver would be helpful, you need to gently lift the spring clip to then pull it out, while your at it its worth trying to clean the dust shield of the bearing, as that's where the magnets are for the sensor to pick up

7. Ok. Got a plan. Have all the tools. So that's my Friday sorted.

Appreciate the help

8. Hope it goes well for you :laughing::laughing:

9. All done. It didn't to long but was a fiddly as hell. But warnings all gone. Cheers again for help.

10. No problem, glad i could help :sunglasses::sunglasses: