225 a rude question

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Filo, May 15, 2021.

1. Where to buy pistons and connecting rods ? Does anyone have parts in stock ?

I am interested in

Wossner Forged Pistons + PEC Steel Rods, and everything else needed for an engine life restart

2. i got mine from RS Tuning some years ago, you may give them a shout

3. Should really measure bore diameter first as might need oversized pistons if it’s worn and engine needs re-boar

4. The idea is to buy the first next size 83mm. Engine does not consume any larger amounts of oil. About 2 liters at 15000km I'm trying to find a mega pixel endoscope camera that can see at an angle of 90. If the hons are seen in the upper zone I think that should be ok. To disassemble it, measure it's the best id, but that can take a long time.
    The problem would be solved if someone in the store had both dimensions.

I ordered parts a couple of years ago. I waited 3 months and in the end they offered me another brand of piston.

Is it possible to buy in Renault oem pistons 83 or 83.50 and connecting rods from mk 3 ? I believe it can be obtained very quickly. I also think it is quite enough for power up to 300hp.

The car is in everyday use. An extra 50 hp would mean a lot to me. Elegantly packaged without excessive noise.

I bought a factory catalyst with 5000 km, Airtec intercooler. Already installed a new turbo from mk 3 & Blue flame exhaust which annoys me a little because of the excessive noise on the highway.

Now I need everything else.

5. Factory Mk3 rods good to around 400 but 360 to be super safe, yes guess if can see the hone marks then should good go with Wossner and PEC as better option