265 8.5J Wheel Fitment

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by DV8, Sep 18, 2019.

1. DV8

DV8

Is anyone running 18" x 8.5J wheels at ET45 without running any extra camber up front?

I currently have ET51 that seem to fit perfectly but ET45 would unlock some extra wheel options.

2. I think you'll be alright, but it's pushing close to the max for width/offset without rubbing. It also depends on tire size of course. I'm running 9x18 ET55, and mine are spot on I think, but on the limit. 8.5x18 ET45 will sit slightly further out (about 3-5 mm).

When I was researching for wheels to put on mine, I did a sort of chart based on measurements of the original wheel fitment, so I got an idea of what the different offsets and widths would look like... it's not 100% accurate but close enough. I attached the PDF I did, check it out. :smile:

Attached Files:

autronix likes this.
  3. Just to clarify a bit, if that PDF is a bit all over the place - the black square is the rim without tire, the blue dotted line is the center of the rim, the green box is the offset, and the gray dotted line is the 'mounting surface' on the inside of the rim. The solid black square represents the top of the fender, to give you an idea of how the wheel will sit. Hope it makes sense

4. DV8

DV8

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Some calculations I did:

18" 8.5J - ET51 = 17mm more extended
    18" 8.5J - ET45 = 23mm more extended
    18" 9J - ET55 = 20mm more extended

So the ET45 would be exactly 3mm more extended than your set up. Do you think that would be too much?

Do you have any pics of yours?

5. These are the best ones I have right now. It looks like it sticks out more than it does, but my setup is right on the limit. Not sure if you would notice the extra 3 mm, especially if you find a tire that has less of a lip than the PS4s

Attached Files:

DV8 likes this.
  6. Really don't like the streatched tyres whatnwidth tyres are you running with the 9" rims

7. They're the standard 235/40R18. I was kinda iffy about them myself in the beginning, but it looks less silly when the car is on the ground and lowered. The 8x18 Ultraleggeras were the same price as the 9x18, so I went with those. Could've gone with a wider tire, but that would make it necessary to induce negative camber, and that's not that ideal for the daily commute. But yeah, ended up being a sort of compromise. :smile: