630cc map experience

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by tutuur, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Right, i guess there are quite a few on here who had 630cc's mapped by Paul.

I'm wondering, how is the drivability, idle, cold start, part throttle etc. with other words, how well are the bigger injectors calibrated in the ecu?

I know it takes an awefull lot of time to do things like this properly so would love to hear/read some experiences with how the car drives after the upgrade and remap!

Also i've been told alot of Megane's broke down when fitted and mapped with 630cc's, any experience regarding this?

Cheers

2. Never had any issues with 630's

3. Do you need them ?

4. I think they are only a few tuning companies with reputable experience of mapping 630cc injectors with RS Meganes. Paul @ RSTuning is probably the most experienced I know of and I don't think there are any issues with mapping in the 630cc injectors.

5. Depending on my goal i need them yes :smile:

Basically my choice now is to go stage 2 or 'stage 3'. I have a set of 250 pistons and rods to throw in so might aswell use them and go hybrid + 630cc

6. Wouldn't waste your time with the 250 rods+pistons

7. What car is this going in, a 197 that's been converted or a megane

8. Clio with 225 engine, why not use the 250 pistons and rods? They are strong enough for my goal so why would i go the forged route :smile:

9. I have a 630map on it.
    It is a little lumpy when cold , but this is really cold - ie stood after a week of damp.
    It drives fine and is mega smooth on boost ( I run a 250 turbo )

The cars that have gone bang have tended to be over the 300ibft , or not had 630s , and with decat. Possible injector failure ? As the ecu doesnt log its hard to find out what is bending what.

The 250rods will only allow around 360ibft from what I am reading, unless you know otherwise ?

10. There are multiple 250's running over that so i'm not affraid of that.
    Also i'm going to be running an R26r clutch as it will be my daily so that will porbably slip before the rods go.

Lumpy when cold is fine by me, couldn't be worse then a standard 197!

how much boost is yours running Andy?

11. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I have been running the 630cc injectors for almost 4 years / 40,000miles.

The car drives completely normal, no cold start issues, no drivability problems at all :smile:

It took Paul @ RS Tuning a long time to develop and re-scale the standard fuel tables to run the 630cc injectors, I am confident in his work.

12. I think there are multiple 225/r26 running over 300 , but it doesnt mean it is good :wink:

Mine is running 1.2 bar IIRC. Didnt need much to make the power.

13. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I think mine peaks at 1.1BAR and drops off to 0.8 :smile:

14. So plenty of potential left then! Do you have a rising rate fpr Gray or just standard fuel system?

yeah rescaling will take quite a while! Shame these's ecu's have no injector constant, would make life much easier!

@Andy, i'm talking 250's here, hence why i'm going to use the pistons and rods :smile:

15. There is only a handful of people that have different fuel systems. I have one, Swirl pot, return line, Sytec FPR, 044 Pump etc

The VVT helps with power too.

16. VVT especially hels with torque as you can dial in more overlap during lower revs.

On top end it doesn't really help unless you have a massive turbo which allows more overlap.

Guess i'm fine on the 630 front then, cheers lads!