60mm intercoolers of eBay ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by hazzf1, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Which one did you order Chris perhaps you can post some pics/details see if its the same as jjones82 . . .

2. The winner eacing one.. the guy emailed me back after an enquiry and told me they ship it through their dutch connection to prevent import duty apparently... might be getting the winner racing one towards the end of the month...

3. Yeah thats what the winning racing guy told me - they cover the import duty at their end - i had no charges, they even said if i did get billed import duty they would cover it.
    As i originally asked them to price match the worley / GPI racing ones as in the ad it says they do price matching but they wouldnt due to the import duty.

4. Ok cool sounds good think I will go with the Winner Racing one then . . . they are now advertising one for £159 so just inquiring if its the same size/spec as the others and also if will cover import duty at that price.

Yes the guy 'Dave' is quite cooperative (-:

5. Sorry for the late reply, yeah it's the same one. Its due to be delivered today I'll get some pics up tonight, I'll try do some data too!

6. Good news the intercooler has arrived... Bad news it's damaged and also looks nothing like the one in the picture?

I've messaged Dave to see he's able to do! As I don't want to send it back to china!

7. got some pics of it?

8. I'll take some pics later, just got in from work and got to take my car to the garage to replace my radiator.

9. Chris did you order from winner racing?

10. Yeah, the picture in the listing is the same as the one you received. The one I got is different? So not sure what's going on.

This is the damage, might be to fix it, not sure though! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383761971.050022.jpg

11. Sorry should I say jjones82 received!

12. Oh bugger . . . I literally ordered one from them an hour ago, should of waited . . . S-:

Hope it can be fixed mate. Whats different about the one you've received and the picture?

13. Not the best pic, it has less cores, and looks smaller to the one in the listing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383763945.225435.jpg

14. What height is it Chris? Should be 302mm overall inc. inlet/outlet . . .

15. Height is that so seems ok. I've managed to "repair" the damage, still not the best but better! It doesn't look like it been done in transit as the box wasn't damaged, plus it was well packed too!

Just putting the images up now. To be honest I'm going to put it on the car, however I'd like to see what Dave says. Clearly I don't want to be sending it back to china as it'll cost almost as much! Lol

16. I imagine sending back to China would.cost more then them sending you a replacement.

17. I'd imagine that too! Hopefully I'll hear back from them before Friday as it'll be getting fitted then!

18. Ok here are the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Yeah let me know what he says . . . but it looks like the one pictured in the £159 advert.

20. Just seen that one! This is the one I ordered...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383771255.747768.jpg

21. I'm confused on the duty!! It says in the add that the buyer has to cover all charges??
    Did you guys have to contact them first about the duty!?

22. I never, just paid for it and it arrived. It did come through the Netherlands though, so perhaps that does avoid import charges?

23. Anyone know what the difference is between the £175 and the £159 one?? ....this is starting to baffle me lol

24. The one jjones82 received is the more expensive one, the one I got is the cheaper.

25. If you guys sort yourself out , you can get a group buy and save everyone on shipping ...

26. I asked them (Dave) this question and he said they are all the same (clearly not) . . .

I quizzed him as to why the £175 one was more money he just said he hadn't revised that item yet (implying he was going reduce the price or remove it) . . .

Now it seems he is selling the cheaper priced coolers at the higher price of £175 deliberately (maybe out of stock) or accidentally.

Who knows?! Hopefully Chris will find out this week. I would see how all this pans out and what I get in the post before ordering Charlie, my advice.

27. Only thing I can see is more cores?

Just seen this in the listing

"All Genuine. Our Photos are the actual photos of the products you are buying. We never copy from another company’s catalog or website."

28. I'm up for getting one of these but I don't wanna pay for the more expensive one if I'm going to receive the cheaper option.

29. Ok, the service and after care seems excellent.

Dave come straight back apologising, stating that it must have been damage during shipping. And not sure why I have been sent the cheaper one. He has offered me a full refund... I've sent him the images of the damage and now await his response.

30. Me again lol

Excellent service from Dave, he's viewed the damage and felt, as I did, it can be repaired easily.

He's refunded me £40 for the inconvenience.

Although I've had an issue, I would recommend ordering from him. As you have seen above from jjones82 you get good results from them too!

I'll be fitting it Friday and will let you know more then!

31. That is good service... so is he sending you a new one too or you just sticking with what you got?

Is the "cheaper" one the one without the welding or something?

32. Just going to stick with what I've got, the damaged pipe is almost round now, only difference between the two, I can see is the cores. He states he reduced the price due to the others on the bay.

I'd of been happy if he just refunded the difference to be honest! I'm happy with it, these things happen.

33. In a panic last night I requested a refund after seeing the damage to your cooler.

Dave has continued to be very cooperative, cancelled the transaction and issued me a full refund.

I have apologised for any inconvenience but asked him to explain the two different types of cooler before I consider re-ordering.

Might wait for a group buy if anyone is interested.

34. Hey Chris, So have you been sent the 50mm one or the 60mm one?
    As when mine arrived i measured it and compared to the specs on the listing and it was a few mm bigger than advertised but i didnt cont the number of cores etc but it looked like the one in the listing!

When i bought mine winner racing were just selling the 60mm cores at 175 they've reduced them since i bought mine the 50mm were 165 i think

Shame about the damage in transit but at least you got a bit of money back and its an easy fix!

Like i said with fitting before, the only issue i had was the passenger side cooler bracket had to be trimmed down slightly (or the hanger on the intercooler filed out a bit) apart from that plug and play

35. I contacted him about price matching a cheaper cooler and he said he wouldnt price match but would cover the duty - i was a little skeptical and asked if i did get charged would he refund the import charges i - had confirmation in an email and would have done a paypal dispute if i did get charged but it came through no issues and no charges!

36. Hi,

Yeah it seems a little bigger than advertised.

I am happy with the cooler and his service. As before, I have managed to "repair" the damage as best I can and I am sure it will be fine!

He did mention that he had a cancellation. But in all honesty, you know he is a genuine guy and if you have any problems he will deal with it for you.

I can ask him regarding a group buy if you wish? See what he can offer?

37. Yeah i got the impression from my emails with "dave" that they were a good company and the research i did on the internet only had good things to say about winner racing and their products.

Glad your pleased with the cooler and at 135 with your refund its a true bargain!

38. Well I just bought one on your feedback! LOL so if it all goes tits up, I blame you! ha ha.

He has also told me they have started to do alloy radiators too! Not sure on the price yet, however he has also offered me a discount on one for the problems! Not many places are like this now, clearly to him it means a lot!

39. So they've started doing the Alloy radiators now? As he told me that they were going to, offered me a discount too!

Did he try to get you to send any pipes for them to copy? As i was considering it but then thought it was too much hassle with the postage etc but he did offer me free silicone replacements for the trouble!

Yeah it is nice when businesses reward customers rather than just giving offers/discounts to new ones! I'm really glad i chanced it tbh! Their customer service is really good too much better than a lot of UK company's

Ha i bought mine on Haomaru's recommendation! so if it all goes wrong we'l blame him LOL! Although all going strong so far!