490bhp LY R26

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by RichardB, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Hello all,

Thought i would join up and say hi.....
    My Mrs has just bought a car which a few of you may know....

Myself and Carly have been keeping an eye out for a car/toy for her, we have a few toys but she fancied something that could get used and enjoyed quite regularly which is not 'too good' to use often.

Seen a few bits that were interesting but nothing that made Carly say, yes i would like that.....

A while back we had a R26R which we both really liked, but with only 2 seats it really was not practical.
    So whatever it was, Carly was specific that it needed 5 seats with 5x proper seat belts, and a decent size boot.
    It will not be often that we need all 5 seats as we have a family car, but if ever we did all want/need to go somewhere in it, Carly wanted it to be 'practical'.

One of the cars we did discuss was a Megane R26, and then i spotted this car go live on a Facebook page. Being Liquid Yellow i knew Carly would like it, and the fact it has had serious money put into making it means Carly will not get bored of the power.

I traveled to view the car a couple of days later, checked it over, had a drive, and reported back to Carly.
    A deal was agreed, deposit paid and we collected it at the weekend.

Meg2_zpshhbm1lnu.jpg

Meg5_zpssuwkaue3.jpg

Meg7_zpsbiq882fp.jpg

Meg6_zpsdlz2gaom.jpg

Meg8_zpsdqbwavyx.jpg

So a brief spec as follows.....

46k miles
    Fully forged (Carillo Pistons & Manley Rods)
    Catcams
    Supertech valves & springs
    RSTuning turbo kit with GTX3071
    850cc injectors
    External pump & swirl pot in spare wheel well
    3" decat with Miltek system, KTec backbox
    AST 5100 Coilovers
    RS250 front brake conversion with PF pads
    Gripper plated diff
    TTV twin plate clutch
    595R Tyres
    Corner weighted & Geo set up for track

Various carbon bits, and other parts.
    All work has been done by RS Tuning.

Has 4 maps, 330, 420, 450, 487.

We took it for a blast yesterday before we started cleaning it up ready to come back out for spring, its seriously good to drive.

Plans are a few more carbon bits, tidy a few little bits up to our standards and enjoy it.

Yesterday it got a full deep clean inside & out, and a few little parts on order for it.
    I will start a diary for it on here soon, but it will mainly sit in the garage until the weather picks up and we have got the few bits done that we want to get done.

We would also like to do the odd show with it, so will be keeping an eye out for some events to attend and meet like minded people :smile:

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Welcome! Mega car right there, nice to see an ex Blezard toy in the forum

RichardB likes this.
  3. Thanks, it is bloody brilliant to drive.
    Slightly annoyed that the Mrs now has bought a car that is quicker than my Evo lol!

Once we tidy the car up a bit, it should be a real beauty :smile:

4. Remember seeing that in the corner of his unit when i bought the 5gtt of him.

RichardB likes this.
  5. Oh i do like a R5GTT!! :smile:

6. Hows his fiesta cozzy coming along

7. I did not see that to be honest mate, saw his Caddy with 4wd running gear which will be awesome when finished!