400bhp ?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by aarroncolley, Mar 25, 2019.

1. What’s the minimum I would need to run 400bhp smoothly on my r26. I know forged pistons and rods but would I need cat cams supertech valves cat cam springs ? What turbo could I use would the standard manifold take 400bhp and would the fuel system be alright at 400bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Not 100% sure on the turbo, a hybrid 250 turbo would give you about 380hp, but you wouldn't need valves or cams, but i would go for some better valve springs.

3. Give Engine Dynamics a call, or Paul at RS Tuning. Either place will give you some solid advice!
    Looking at doing pretty much the same to my R26, 302bhp is great.... But I want more! [emoji16]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4. 67ca3744bdc8707f53b5cad1a9afe396.jpg 7dfedca38f30c56a6280523d2d42e041.jpg its all prepped and ready to go just got to find out what’s needed. I don’t want to buy the engine dynamics kit for 4K that can take 600bhp if I don’t need it

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

After seeing a fully built car that was running stock valves drop one recently and completly scrap an engine and G25 turbo I'd say it's wise to do valves as well.

I'm in a simialr position myself, unsure what to do with mine but forged and big turbo is/was the current plan.

If someone is building the engine, depending on spec it's anywhere from 2k upto 4k.

Wont see 400 on the stock turbo so factor in a turbo kit, RST/Nortech kit is 3.8k, then you'll need s fuel system.

6. My 225 with the 250 engine dropped a valve at Spa, was told when i was trying to find another head that it's a common ish fault, was told that the valve springs aren't strong enough, i fitted some single coil springs from supertec and they were 50%+ stiffer than the stock springs.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The one that dropped a valve was fully built with uprated springs etc, for the cost of a 400 quid set of valves, or even less if you only do exhaust its silly not to imo and savea you potentially turning thousands of pounds of engine and turbo into scrap metal

8. okay that's worth knowing then, so will put Supertec valves on my shopping list for the winter then :laughing:

Jamie you need to get yours sorted, no point going to another make because you know you will be back in a Megane again :laughing::laughing:

9. Yeah my plan is getting the engine done buy engine dynamics. Turbo I’ve been looking at a few options but still means buying a manifold separately

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The RST kit is the best you can get imo, unless you go down the custom route