4 + Service Package

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Went for MOT today at 3 years. I am ultra low miles so next service not due till 4 years (ie next Sept).

Thought I would get dealer to check system & they said car has service plan to 3 years or 30k miles.

But 4+ Package that I have a piece of paper on with Reg & Chassis number said 4 years ( and 4 years Breakdown and Warranty).

Are there any exclusions for RS cars that means 4years is actually 3?

2. Contact the sales person/company I'd say.

3. I have sent a letter to Renault Customer Services with a copy of the form. Was just intrested if other people have had this issue.

Mine is one of the last registered 275's in Sept 2016so I assume quire a few people had cars from 2015 with this package also that have made it to 4 years?

4. Documentation for mine says 3 years service so whoever had mine new didn't opt. for the extended servicing option. They all have 4 year warranties though which is the important bit.

5. I suppose that's the difference my bit of paper definately says 4 years. I guess a human had to set it up in the first place. Just hope it was the computer bit theg git wrong. Wish me luck. That 4 year one could be pricey. Nice if it was free.

I got a 5th year warranty in mine that the original owner paid £300 for.

6. Seems a bit of a con that the mileage intervals on the service plan are10k but the car is 12.5k.

On the 3 year 30k plan, 1-2 services.
    On the 4 year 40k plan, 2-3 services.

I don't know what the original pricing was?

7. £400 for the 3 year, £600 for the 4 year.

8. I have what looks like the same car as yours. I have ditched the service this year altogether and have asked to guys doing the MOT to check the fluid and coolant levels for me. Sparks outlive the mileage by a long shot. Aircon servicing before the summer usually.
    Full schedule here:
    https://rsmegane.com/attachments/image-jpg.1353/

9. Got letter back from renault uk. Confirmed they have updated there system to give me 4 year service plan. It was quite a well written letter as well which was good.

So will get that done next year with mot for free. Sweet.

Did need a second letter to renault uk. But the result is the important bit to save me a few ££.

10. Thanks for the schedule. It does indeded look like the twin of my car. Mine was one of the last off the line fully loaded. Have you got all the toys?