3RS Cup discs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Joe Bromley, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Hi all, bought a 3RS Cup last month for pretty cheap but that's because it needs a fair amount of maintenance on it. First up are the brakes all round.
    I have bought OE Brembo rear pads and wanted peoples opinions on whether to just get the standard grooved Brembo rear discs too or are there other discs that would be just as good (and hopefully cheaper)?
    Unfortunately I can't everything at once so the rear brakes will be this month and fronts next month

2. When they brought the 275 cup out they changed to smooth discs instead of the grooved. I use smooth as there a lot cheaper and I think Jamie said they are better performing

3. Ahh I didn't know that, cheers Danny. That's probably why I can easily find smooth discs and not many places doing deals on the grooved discs. Might just go with smooth then! Thank you.

4. Renault would have changed because the plains were cheaper.
    But there appears no real performance difference and the smooth might chew through pads a little less. I've used both the smooth are a little quieter if heavy braking.

5. Thanks Rich, appreciate the input. For the amount of time I actually get to drive properly, the smooths will probably be good enough. Grooved just looks better.... :smile: