3rd gear boost issue

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matty1938, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Hi gents

I’m planning on getting the car mapped next week which I’m hoping solves the issue.

I have an rs 265 2013 model, been loving it so far, only issue I seem to have is in lower revs, 3rd and sometimes 4th gear when the boost kicks in you can feel it quickly come of boost, sounds like a little over boost, and then sometimes seems slow in 3rd if you keep your foot down, come through the gears with foot down it’s quick and seems sound.

Read somewhere that the standard map can be the issue and cause this and simply re setting the standard map solves it so I’m hoping that a new map helps.

Anyone had this issue? I feel like it can’t be the actuator sticking if it’s only 3rd etc you see the issue?
    Thanks
    Matt

2. could be multiple causes, you tried changing plugs as first port then maybe look at coils ? If have wireless OBD2 code reader and something like DashCommander on fone it would log most issues if they exist