3" K-tec Boom!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Daz, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Daz

Daz

I expected after reading so much on this that after getting rid of my standard exhaust (out of need not want) I would be chuffed with this...

Might just be me but when it gets towards 2000 rpm it just gets on my tits!

Think I might need a centre silencer :smile:

Anyone else think the same or is it just mine/car/life....

2. What you get for buying ktec rubbish

3. Daz

Daz

Ok Dad. I see you have the direct experience I was looking for. :smile:

4. Going up or down the revs?I have the ktec 3", made by piper. Its very tame.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. I have a ktec 3" system and its just epic in all ways. Never had such a nice system on any of my performance cars and i have had 6 lol. The build quality i must stress is 11/10 .

6. Just put milltek stainless cat back with 3inch decat on mine. Was worried it would just drone away and be silly loud but it’s silent until you put it under boost at which point it sounds amazing.

7. Daz

Daz

I'd say on the way down more, it's just a bit intrusive.

8. There might be A spot, but it never bothered me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mikey4410 likes this.
  9. Mines loudest at about 90mph.

Not noticed it be too intrusive to be honest.

Mines decatted too which makes a massive difference

Mikey4410 likes this.
  10. The Ktec induction kit and Forge dump valve on my R26 are more intrusive than my decatted 3" Ktec exhaust.

What is it that your don't like about the sound? Maybe there's a fitting or different issue causing it to blow or resonate?

11. Daz

Daz

I'll have to give it some more time I guess - I was under the impression it was no louder than a mid box chop!

12. One man’s pain is another man’s pleasure! Something I’ve realised over the last 10 years or so of using forums is that the sounds that exhausts make is so subjective that it isn’t worth asking an opinion on how noisy they are! Seeing it in the flesh is always the best, but understandably not always practical.

I had a resonated miltek on my old R32 Golf and that annoyed me at anything over 70. Yet there are people who seemed to suggest that the unresonated version is actually quiet on the motorway... definitely down to personal choice!

I currently have an RS titanium exhaust on mine, and whilst I’d love a bit more noise or exhaust popping, I enjoy the fact that it can sit at 80 or 90 without any droning. Hope you can find something that suits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey4410 likes this.
  13. Daz

Daz

I'll make it work :smile: