250 2nd to 3rd Gear Change

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by JLodge, May 12, 2016.

1. Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can relate to an issue I've been having recently...

During the last couple of months when I'm giving it a good blast it has been hard to shift from second to third, it just won't find the gear, feels loose and crunches. It's only happened half a dozen times but it's just got me paranoid as a similar thing happened to my mates 182 and it was a synchro issue and he's had to get a new box!

I've got a month of warranty left with KTEC so just want to be sure before I give them a call, as if it's a sign of the gearbox going I would hope it would be covered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. It can be syncro issue, even more if you have hit it to the wrong place many times now (with the crunch). But it can just be that the gear shifter is not precise and it lets you push it to the wrong place. I know that my previous Megane used to do this couple of times but then i was learning to be more careful with the shifting. But its not an issue with my new Meg, so maybe there was a syncro issue also. With the worn issue, it have to be more worse on cold actually, thats the way to test it maybe?