275 Service due display?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Tiababy, Jul 15, 2015.

1. My old 197 used to have a 'service due' screen with the miles left.

I've heard the 250 and 265 have these but can't seem to find it on my 275.
    Am I am being dense or is it well hidden?

Need to go back into Renault as I've had the car 2 months and I'm not happy with the coolant and brake fluid levels in the car (halfway between max and min when hot) but I don't think it's due a service to next July (2 years) or 12500 miles (which will probably come first)

2. Ok answered my own question.

I have to get out the car, lock then unlock and leave the door open to get the service interval screen to show. As soon as I shut the door I could no longer find it.

3. Really? Sounds complicated? Can't you just push the button on the end of the RH stalk?

4. Nope it doesn't show the 'service intervals' screen in the options until I do that. It could be timed rather then the door being shut but that's when it seemed to coincide with disappearing.

5. I've wondered about this when I've seen the service screen in threads here, but never done enough to get to the bottom of it.

Do you think it's just a matter of having the door open?

6. I had the door open first time I tried to find the screen after driving back from work and it wouldn't show. It only showed up once I'd locked and unlocked the car. I got to be up for work soon so ill check to see if it's timed from when the displays come on from being unlocked.

7. Its definitely the door being left open after its unlocked. I closed the door as soon as I got in (without thinking) and the service interval screen wouldn't show.

8. So if you scroll thru the menu using the buttons on the end of the wiper stalk, what do you get on the LCD screen next to your speedo? On my 2012 build 265 i get digital speedo, tyre pressures, trip computer, odometer, distance to empty and distance to next service. I think there is one more option.. Oh, and i can only check the oil level (electronically) when i switch the ignition on and press either button on the side of the wiper stalk before the OK message disappears on the LCD.

9. that's with the door open or shut

10. Yeah not on the 275 Miles and trip mileage>tyre pressures>Speed>average speed>mpg>Range>settings.

(settings hold the rear parking sensor options and volume and door lock option)

With what I did the service intervals shows up after tyre pressure and the oil I knew about as it was the same on the 197.