275 R

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by DOOOOK, May 3, 2017.

1. That's very kind of you to say, thank you!

I have a track day this Sunday (except things keep changing every day in Australia thanks in part to people who don't take the current threat seriously) so I hope to get some good video of that. It feels like forever since my last track day.

I also have some small upgrades coming, so I'll post those up once they're complete.

2. So have all track activities been placed on hold in the UK and the rest of Europe? I got one last one in before everything was shut down over here.

So an interesting and challenging day at the track on Sunday. Everyone did well by abiding by the special precautions but some of the fun was missing as everyone kept their distance. The track was damp to begin with and there was a spit of rain in one session. The most irritating thing though was that my car was missing above 5,000 RPM and would get really bad near 6,000 RPM. So it will be off to RenoTech for rectification soon. Still, I'm grateful to have got one in as who knows what's in store for the rest of the year. I cut a few consistent laps in this last session of the day and may have dipped into a 1:47 if I didn't back off in the final corner of my last lap.

Eder likes this.
  3. Hi Dooook
    Yes all the trackdays have stopped in the UK i was supposed to be doing one on the 24th March but got cancelled the day before along with all the others, odd one got cancelled a couple of days before.

Don't know when it's all going to start again but i think this year is going to be a write off :cry::cry::cry:

DOOOOK likes this.
  4. 7b0be290b0745c0cda508df0dba8adfc.jpg
    1b9cffc0e24fbc8899c50bd5515b068d.jpg
    d789d8f3a425d6a6cf22e055ae3a4839.jpg

Mish View and manugtt like this.
  5. Fitted some new boost pipes.
    286e640a177886457937adf7ce0a6355.jpg

Eder likes this.
  6. Beautiful!
    In my conversion, 319whp and 46kgfm of torque! Great
    How do you limit that torque figure and still get a wonderful power number?
    The curves are great too.

7. Ah ah our tracks here in the Uk are certainly better than yours as we don’t have the sun in our eyes

DOOOOK likes this.
  8. Thanks!
    My conversion gives me 315whp. However, I don’t really care for max BHP or kW as it tells you nothing about how quick a car actually is. Plus, different dynos in different countries, different conditions, etc.
    For me the dyno is all about before and after to verify any gains. I’m more interested in how much area there is under the torque measure across the rev range.
    I imagine that the torque is manipulated via boost and ignition settings. There is more room to push but I did ask for a tune which could reliably sustain multiple track days over the next couple of years.
    As much as I want a forged build, I’m not quite ready for it just yet.

Eder likes this.
  9. That's an important point: the area under the torque curve, that's also my target in the remap.

DOOOOK likes this.
  10. I see in many pictures the ECU exposed, as it is from the manufacturer.
    Here in Brazil we had some problems with ECU "super heating", and then we started installing the original cover and duct that came in the early models, but was removed by Renault at some point.
    Has someone of you ever had heat issues with the ECU?
    20200327_123353.jpg Tce180 engine with ECU duct.jpg

11. I refitted mine, left the battery cover off though, but i thought they put the ducting there for a purpose i know ecu's can get hot.

12. I haven't had any ECU issues yet and I have done a few track days in 35+ degrees. I've also been stuck in traffic in 40 degrees with A/C on max without issue. If it's a problem it would definitely get exposed in Australia.

Eder likes this.
  13. That's good to know, might leave mine as it is though, removing won't save any weight will it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

DOOOOK likes this.
  14. Indeed! So I had a good chat with my tech today. The air cooling duct to the ECU stopped being installed in the 265 facelift model cycle. He hasn't come across any 250 or pre-facelift 265 ECU issues but he has seen a few 265 and 275 ECU issues.

I wonder if there's a market for an ECU cooling duct to fit the facelift front bar for aftermarket suppliers?

Eder likes this.
  15. oooohh now that very interesting, will leave mine on for definite then

Eder likes this.
  16. Ohh that`s really a point of attention. Such a bad coincidence those issues in the lack of a duct.

17. :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
    Holy shit! That´s a wheel man!

DOOOOK likes this.
  18. Yup! CF flat bottom, CF inserts, retrimmed grips and CF top with shift lights and display. Apparently the display can show the RS Monitor parameters with a toggle. I think some of it is a wank but I love the look of the wheel because race car!

Made by a company called Xclusive Carbon based in Belgium.

19. Oh, and also got this...
    190196a0cc088f6a2d219d71e3309d77.jpg

ianplymouth and Eder like this.
  20. DOOOOK likes this.
  21. WANT......because boy racer in me

manugtt and DOOOOK like this.
  22. No, I’m keeping the OEM one for now.

23. I like that, where did you get that from please

24. recon thats gonna be a big OUCH cost wise...

25. Same place as the steering wheel; Xclusive Carbon in Belgium. They make them for the Meg II too.

ianplymouth likes this.
  26. Ahh, let me introduce you to the fine art of man maths. In my reality it was practically free.

tof73 likes this.
  27. dam......my reality is so much more brutal than yours

28. When the gaffer enquiries how much car parts cost,i implement the industry standard of removing a 0 from the real cost... saves any suspicious pause while a figure is made up!

manugtt and Si271 like this.
  29. gulp...on that basis my recent £130 brembo disc's cost £13 not sure she's that slow even with car parts

Si271 likes this.
  30. well bob..this was a practical,essential purchase..we are talking frivolous `i got to have that` items,at eye watering costs,that would make absolutely no sense to the gaffer....Items like..carbon steering wheels,titanium exhaust,lightweight alloy wheels.Always worked for me,but adjustments can be made on the car savvy scale..

DOOOOK likes this.
  31. Hey! I resemble those comments.

32. car bloke thing,,i suppose the same applys when woman buy shoes etc.

33. So the engine starts and stops so much better now.
    449b88be66facea3aa61a33873c578b6.jpg

And it steers incredibly! Now when you turn it right, it goes right and when you turn left, it goes left. Amazing!
    ce6465bed5fc4447ef2b31e8bfe87033.jpg
    35a8c143786b12bce49fb603edc65c35.jpg

Eddie_ and manugtt like this.
  34. bla-bling da bling,-ca ching ca ching!
    These 2 shiny items ,probably cost more than my first car!...

35. [emoji857]

36. With restrictions easing, it’s time to get back onto the track!
    a5d63f502a49bd9ce21e7c0f1f8a8204.jpg

The fancy new steering wheel worked a treat.

trickmansa likes this.