275 fuel efficiency

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Chrisball35, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Hi,

I know you don't buy a hot hatch for stellar mpg, but my megane seems to drink fuel. I have about a 20 mile round trip commute on country lanes and some stop start traffic; only use vpower or momentum and average around 26/27mpg. I'm relatively sensible most days and often get stuck behind slow traffic. On very sensible motorway driving the best I've managed is 33mpg.

Would be interested if this was comparable to others ? I came from a mountune stage 2 focus st and even that managed higher mpg

Cheers

2. Typical figure that. Mine did 29mpg not matter how I drove it. Stuck it on cruise for 200 mile motorway trip at 75 and it still did 29. Thrash it and it averaged 29...

Some people seem to get 40ish though, and you seem to be in either of the 2 camps from how I remember the conversations going.

Chrisball35 likes this.
  3. Cheers. That's really helpful .

4. Mines remapped to about 300bhp, and I avg about 30 mpg, mixed driving

Chrisball35 likes this.
  5. Sounds about right. Long slowish drive to Germany in cruise managed 35mpg. Over 30 & your doing well.

Chrisball35 likes this.
  6. Mine does 26-27 trough town.

Chrisball35 likes this.
  7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

40-45 on a run, Normal day to day driving its probably around 25-35 depending on what sort of roads.

Single figures when pressing on and on track though.

Chrisball35 likes this.
  8. 40-45 is staggering

Chrisball35 likes this.
  9. Probably rolling down one of those Scottish hills

Chrisball35 likes this.
  10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Regularly see 450+ miles to a tank, bearing in mind it doesnt really get driven that quickly on the road these days as its just not enjoyable. Turbo spools around 500rpm later as well which probably helps on the longer runs

Chrisball35 likes this.
  11. Jesus 450 per tank tank?
    I’m lucky to get anything over 300 driving carefully and mines stock.

12. when you live that far north its not unusual to get confused between Km and Miles so 450Km is a realistic 280Miles to tank, its OK...it does happen...nothing to worry about....much

13. I've never seen over 300 miles on a tank. Maybe I rag it more than I think?

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

LOL Bobsan.

I managed to get to the Ring from Kilmarnock via Newcastle Ferry and one lap of the Ring on a full tank. Thats 400miles or so of cruising plus the Ring.

15. ah yes, so you left your sat nav running during ferry crossing and added that to your mileage....now thats clever

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mikeyjp likes this.
  17. Mine will do 400 to a tank. I can't recall ever actually working out the MPG properly, but the trip computer usually displays around 34. I do a 200 mile round trip to Essex once a week, so a lot of sitting on A-roads and dual carriageways, plus another 100-odd miles a week of short journeys etc.

-Jamie- likes this.
  18. No clue what mine does to a tank as the average is around 10.8mpg overall

19. Approx 13 gals in a tank so 13 x 10.8
    = 140.4 miles...ouch

20. Surely not 40-45mpg?!? I've been on long journeys doing between 50-70mph with no fast driving and seen max 33mpg over 200miles. I'd be very surprised if 40-45 is right. Plus, when is road driving not that fun?! You live in Scotland @-Jamie- :tonguewink:

21. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lol, easily does it [emoji23]

It's not fun when the roads are fu of shit slow traffic and the car is more setup for track. I find a car on its limits to be fun and enjoyable, and you can't get anywhere near that limit on the rosd safely or responsibly

22. 37-40mpg on a good run for me.
    33 average

23. Don't seem to be "on the limit" in your videos mate :tongueclosed:

Mikeyjp likes this.
  24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Oooooo, and there was me going to offer you my boot mat [emoji23][emoji24]

jack250 and Mikeyjp like this.
  25. no hot hatch with similar power..no matter what the official figures say, do much over 30mpg.
    seen lots of long term reports on various cars confirming this.

my r26..35mpg on a long run.
    26-28 combined driving.

270hp/290lb/ft.

26. Hahahaha that fookin boot mat giving me sleepless nights! Made me laugh that mate!

-Jamie- likes this.
  27. very short local runs,doesn't get much use 26mpg