275 EU6 engine derating on track ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nickfrog, Aug 3, 2016.

1. New to the forum having purchased my 1st Renault, a 5 month old cup s 3 weeks ago.
    Bit worried having come across this thread before I purchased the car......
    Mentioned about new/revised map and derating etc to rs dealer and gave
    link to this site but was told after the head
    technician at the rs dealer i got the car from had spent over 2 hours emailing
    renault in france ! , there was no update for the software that they were aware
    of. Am not likely to go track daying but enjoy the odd spirited drive if the road
    is clear ( not always on the smoothest roads ) but importantly, would like the car to be as
    upto date as possible and work
    as it should ! Any dealers recommended who know about/ will carry out the update
    would be appreciated , the nearer to north yorks the better :smile:.

2. Hi pick,
    I have just had calibration 184 loaded onto my megane, definitely made a difference, the car feels like it has been remapped! It's now consistent with its power delivery and feels much more responsive, Renault Derby did mine, mine was the first they have done but they will be aware of this now, maybe you could get your dealer to give them a call! Thanks

3. Hi 'lighty',

Thanks for you reply/info.
    My nearest RS dealer is over 60 miles away so I will try ringing them to see what they say. If not, then may have to have a trip to Derby sometime :smile: - which I will do if it gets the car running right!

My car usually runs fine but when I travel over the N.Yorks Moors (near where I live ) on some smaller bumpier roads with long steep hills which i can't avoid, the car seems to become sluggish and 'jerky' . Start it next day and seems ok again until the next time :smile:.
    Did you have to ask Renault Derby or did they just load the software without you asking on a routine visit and is there anyone in particular to ask for ?
    Will be looking to have oil/filter changed in about a month so hopefully will be able to get mine done then.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply - appreciated.

Pick

4. Took car in for interim service, explained problem etc. Got car back and now drives much better they said was a problem showing with throttle potentiometer and had reset it with latest software. Soon as I drove it noticed car a lot more responsive without having to have throttle at least half way down and mpg has improved also. Fingers crossed

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  5. A quick update on this topic

My 275 Cup-S was delivered in May 2016

I asked the service techs to check my calibration version today and CLIP confirmed my car has calibration A183

They are booking me in under warranty to load A184