275 cup-s revs dropping/stalling

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jack Dinsdale, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Hi guys,

I’ve just noticed a little issue with my cup-s today, after washing it.

When stationary after first starting the car, when it’s cold, if you give it a few little revs, it seems to dip and try to cut out and the exhaust burbles/pops. I’ve just fitted a decat a few days ago if that makes any difference?

Thanks

2. Following as mine does this too on cold startup for about 20-30 seconds

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. Mine does this sometimes from cold (Stock 275 Nav) I subconsciously leave the car for a minute or so before setting off these days as I don’t always notice it.

Think it’s just another Renault charm.

4. I think your right mate, I usually start mine 30-60 seconds before I move off anyway, and today I didn’t - so potentially it was just because it was cold!

Matt9566 likes this.
  5. You’ve got the best colour too Matt 1D7401DC-54BB-4CD3-9B76-53FEDA76C6F8.jpeg

Matt9566 likes this.
  6. You really need to get it mapped if you have swapped out the cat, exhaust flow is better with a de cat pipe, if its mapped already it will need a tweak

7. Think that’s what it is mate - The times I notice mine most is when I’m in a rush for work on a morning.

Definitely the best colour, always been a liquid yellow fan until I went to view mine. Love the gold wheels against the red mate!

8. That was my plan, yeah - but I’d assumed it’d be okay for a little while.

I assume so, only noticed it today for the first time - so I can’t see it really being an issue, just perhaps when it’s really cold! I love the colour when it’s clean, wrong time of year for that!
    Cheers mate. They need a refurb, and was thinking of keeping them gold

9. The 275 Cup S has a euro 6 ecu and i think they can be really sensitive to changes

10. Ahh will it be okay to drive for the moment? What’s the differences in the Ecu?

11. It should be alright, its all to do with the emissions that the EU set and they were trying to do away with the possibility of tuning or altering the standard tune, it took a long time for tuners to work out how to get over this, i know a few really struggled

12. Ah okay! It’s already mapped by rs tuning, so should just need a map tweak from then!

13. personally no, but they would have locked the ECU so you will probably have to go back

I had to have mine unlocked by someone else, took some extra time, not sure on the Euro 6

14. Who would you recommend to map it?

15. I use Chris at EFI in Runcorn