[250] Uneven engine when idle and sometimes during acceleration

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dinn, Mar 24, 2014.

1. What to do?

I have changed already spark plugs and filters, it hasn't helped at all. I hope it will not be something serious such as injectors or fuel pump.

I am taking it to dealer I bought it from by the end of the week. Car is running out of warranty next week so I need to hurry up.

2. What fuel are you running mate?

3. Does it happen all the time? If you arent able to reproduce it then neither will the dealer.

4. Fuel : BP 98 or Shell Nitro+

It happens mostly in the morning. I think it may be also issue with coils.

5. Rough on idle when cold is a Renault trait really, all my Renaultsports have done it to some degree. Do you have any vids so we can see if its excessive or not?

Genty likes this.
  6. Might be worth checking if any fault codes are being logged, do you have an OBD11 reader/App?

7. I don't have any reader etc. I will leave it for Renault. Please just give me ideas what it may possible be. I will go to dealer on Thursday so I would like to have some basic knowledge about possible reasons of that issue.

8. Hi dinn it sounds like coil pack problem which is quite common on most cars

9. Thank you guys.

10. I dropped my car to Renault dealer. Now I drive Clio 1.2 Bizu.

Tomorrow they will let me know what is wrong with the car.

11. From cold It is quite common to kangaroo a bit for the first minute or so it's a carictoristic of the 250/265

12. Im predicting "they all do it" or "we cant find anything wrong". But I can tell you what is wrong with the car now, some lucky technician got to rag your pride and joy all morning for free :worried:

I tried telling you on the previous page all Renaultsports are rough on cold start, its a quirk of meeting emissions regulations until up to operating temps. We would need a video to tell if yours is worse than normal though!

13. Yeah mines the same especially on a cold morning, it's not all the time but I just figured as everyone is saying its a trait of the car.

14. I hope it will be as you said guys. However having Laguna mk3 dCi 150 I have been expecting that petrol engine will be less shaky then diesel.

15. I got my car back with me. They said as you said :tongueout: It is quite normal for those engines.

16. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Yeah the cables are attached but the switch is just laying the floor of the car

Wrong thread!

17. I’d try and stick with shell vpower, these engines are very sensitive to fuel i’ve been told. Never been a fun of BP, run it on a few performance cars i’ve owned and they didn’t seem to like it.
    Could be worth gapping plugs to 0.6mm too if it’s mapped

18. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

I've run mine on Tesco 99 and V-Power, seems to run slightly better on Shell.

19. Could be an air leak on the inlet manifold somewhere, possibly one of the hoses.
    I’ve always run mine on normal fuel (currency on 98k) and it runs perfectly.