250 Turbo on 225 without remap?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by paul_sbt, Apr 10, 2015.

1. I've got a brand new 250 turbo and i know it's a straight fit to the 225 engine, but can it be done without a remap? mine already has a stage 1 remap, Airtec fmic , 3" turbo back exhaust and cone filter as air intake.

2. I personally wouldnt. You dont know what it might do to the duty cycle of the injectors without monitoring. Can you take it to Henk to take a look ?

3. Its a strange one, as i've heard a few people say its a no no, but Rstunings website say :- "You will require a custom ECU remap to take advantage of the extra flow available but they will work perfectly fine on the standard map giving gains of up to 20hp with no software modification". (This is for a hybrid not a 250 so they will flow more than a 250 turbo etc).

So Paul seems to think it will be ok......

4. It doesnt say if that is a standard car though. Paul ( from Netherlands ) car isnt standard.

5. I'll contact Paul or Henk and ask what they think about it, thanks for the replies!

6. Let us know what either/ both of them say as i would be interested in this.....

7. You'll be fine imo, the difference is so small!

on the same map it would only run a few % more efficient which will result in lower iat's, the engine monitors iat's so should be fine. Ofcourse to get the full potential it would need a remap

8. Well there's a dyne day in June which i wanted to go to, so i asked if it was possible to go there and they (Henk and his companion Jo) could map my car with the meg 3 turbo and 630cc injectors, the reply i got was: 'There isn't a good 630 adjustment yet, it will take some time to spent on it' I'm a bit flabbergasted, but i believe Paul does this with ease almost weekly?

9. The fact that Paul has dealt with Megane's with 630cc's doesn't mean Henk has dealt with it also.

Maybe the market for custom maps inculding 630cc's isn't as big as stage 1/2, hence why there is no calibration from Henk's side for it yet...

10. U can do it with out a map, ecu control pressure so it is safe, if u want extra power then you have to remap

11. I'm very surprised henk can't/ won't do it, I swear I've seen other people say they had 630s mapped in on the other site, and when I messaged him about it he said he could only do it on a dyno not remotely.

12. What did he say about running a 250 turbo on a stage 1 map?

13. When I asked Jo about the 630CC injectors, he claimed they were not required on daily-drive RS225's. I'm not aware of any Megs in the Benelux area that run alternative turbo setups, that might explain why he doesn't have too much experience with the high flow injectors?

14. I've had contact with Paul and he said it's safe for me to put on the 250 turbo and drive all the way to the UK to get it mapped along with my 630's

15. There you go ! :smile:

16. Yip dont worry

17. When i come to the UK i'll pop over to you and have a chat

18. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Give me a shout too Paul!

19. I will! I'm a hour and a bit away from the Ring if anyone goes there we could also meet up

20. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Next weekend there's a few RSM members heading there separately!

21. I'll be at the ring the 3th of May, who are going then?

22. I have Paul on facebook and instagram. I am sure we can sort something

23. I bet you only want to meet up if my staffie is with me

24. She is adorable.

( Is she coming ? )

25. I don't know if it's aloud to take a dog abroad, and she's a bit car sick also, so wouldn't be fun for her to travel such a long way

26. :worried:

Shame.