250 RS Monitor - what does it actually do?!

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Somnambulist, Apr 21, 2017.

1. I'm on the hunt for a 250 and quite a few people say RS Monitor is a must have. But what does it actually do?!

I understand you can adjust throttle response, but if the car is mapped is this not redundant? Or can you still adjust it on a mapped car?

2. Only reason to get it, is so you can play with throttle response tbh :tongueout: and it can pop and bang more lol, not sure if remapping takes it away though

Somnambulist likes this.
  3. No the remap only adjust the power of the vechicle, the throttle map can still be adjusted via rs monitor, it also gives you performance bar guages ie boost/power/brake/pressure/temperatures etc, lap timers, g force graphs.

Somnambulist likes this.
  4. My 2 pence!... it's a gimmick (now I'll get shot down!) get a 265 which has a button for throttle response and extra power and pops, especially with mid box chop.
    In place of monitor then you can get sat nav, using the car for pleasure you get to use the nav going places, I don't use mine often, but it's there.....
    all personal opinion of course!

5. I have one on mine as Maccy44 said it's bit of gimmick! It certainly wouldn't be on my must have list on Mk3 RS models.

6. Does
    Does a 250 not have this function if the monitor isn't fitted?

7. nope

8. This was the exact reason I waited for a 275 (but I think the ph2 265 have it as well), both nav and v2 monitor.

If you don't push the car hard or use it on track I can see how it would seem a gimmick, but when you're 'on it', it's fantastic. The v2 monitor has the ability to record all the parameters of the journey and you can then play them back overlaid onto a map. This includes circuit maps.

Somnambulist likes this.
  9. The 250 has a sport button which puts it into sport mode, which does improve the throttle response, limits the traction control and gives some pops (especially with no mid box and a decat like my car).

It doesn't give an increase in power though, like it does on the 265.

10. That's really helpful cheers all! I think while I'm after a 250/265 it doesn't sound like it's that essential. A 275 will be in budget in a couple of years so I'll probably want it then, but for now I think it sounds like I can live without it. Cheers!

PS. If anyone knows of an Oyster Grey 250/265 for sale or coming up for sale in the next couple of months, I'm after one. I'm quite fussy; must be Oyster Grey with under 50K miles (preferably) and either a Cup or Sport with Cup pack. Needs to have climate control if it's a Cup, as the knobs offend me for some reason! Other than that, not fussed on Recaros or RS Monitor as I'll probably get some aftermarket seats fitted for track use.

11. To add another aside, I wouldn't have had a 250 without it.

The standard Sport throttle setting is far too jumpy. You can only adjust it using the settings in the RS.Monitor - of which linear was my choice on both road and track.

That said, assuming the Monitor V2 is the same as the one on the Clio Trophy, that's the best option. A good sat nav unit along with the updated monitor functionality. I guess in that respect the 275 is the better choice.

12. I use the extreme map for throttle, but then its brand new for me, so ill see how long that lasts