250 Remap places?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Mark250, Jan 6, 2015.

1. After having my 250 nearly 5 years I think I will be keeping it (cant afford to swop) so I am thinking of getting it remapped.
    I live in the West Midlands where would you suggest to get it mapped?

I know everyone will say RS Tuning just looking for some alternatives more local, I did think about the Bluefin but have read about the AFR being wrong.

2. Rs tuning is the place though, why go anywhere else if you want a proper reliable job done? No brainer for me and a good day out!

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RST will get most peoples votes.

I probably would use them if they were closer but i shall be getting a reputable mapper up here to map in my Hybrid/Injectors and have no issues in doing so. I wouldn't be surprised if the final map i get is something very very similar to what RST would produce for it anyway....

4. Jamie who would you use up here for a remap, I would love to get my 225 mapped but the long trip to RST puts me off travelling down

5. RS Tuning gets my vote too, been down three times all with different cars.

Just make a day of it, its actually not that bad a journey.
    Either go Scotch Corner or go via Gateshead/Newcastle if you'd rather stick to motorways.
    Scotch Corner is quicker but only if your not stuck in a queue behind a lorry.

6. I keep hearing good things about Chris from CC tuning Burton on Trent.

Has anyone heard anything bad about his work?

7. I traveled the 200 miles each way to Rs Tuning, the drive home was fun :smiley:

8. Go to whose got the most experience working on the car. Ie rstuning. It's not that far from the west mids!!

9. Ive recently had a remap done at midlands car care, walsall, who are a dealer for quantum tuning. Alittle unknown in the renault world. Quite happy with the remap tbf.

10. Is yours the black one they have had in?

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ecotune, Stan knows what he is doing and i have no issues in letting him map mine. I won't be going down to RST thats for sure when i can get the same thing for the same money minus the hassle here

12. Yeh, but they have had two black 250s in, mine was the second one. Nice smooth map, still need to get it on the rollers to see what gains ive got and check the afr. Still got a standard feel to the power delivery with obviously more power.

13. I'll second this. This is where I'll be going when the time comes.

14. Never knew midlands car care even did mapping?

RS Tuning is not that for TBH about 130 miles each way but as they don't open on Saturdays it means another day off work

15. ah stop whinging, I am in south wales and the only choices I got are celtic tuning (I don't think so) and superchips, who to be fair did do my jaguar and never had any probs with it and ive had it 3yrs now, but I just don't fancy them with the r26, bloody leeds is a massive trek for me so the only choice I got left is the that guy henk from rstuner , what I like about him is that you get the software too and the module to monitor all the information, how come you guys don't recommend that then ???????/

16. Dont quote me on this but I think thats who re-mapped DMN1989's Mini...

Maybe worth a wee PM first

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Will do but 90% of my friends that have mapped cars have had them done by Ecotune and by all accounts they are brilliant maps. I know a lot of Ford guys switched from Revo software from another well know Scottish mapper, Whom originally mapped mine but was removed soon after as it was a proper shit map.

Not that I'm defending them, its always good to hear other peoples experiences of a company, good or bad as you only tend to hear the bad stuff on forums.

Edit: Actually, Your not getting mixed up with eTune are you? Wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick after my map and various other reports of maps from them. God knows how they are still going but i guess thats what happens when you have a clique

18. You can do the same with rstuning in Leeds. They send you the rstuner box (from fastchip) with a stage 1 map loaded.

19. what same price as henk ??? if not do you know the price, and can you buy the pro with the flight data recorder, cheers for replie forceindia :smile:

20. Not 100% sure, but all the info is on the rstuning website.

21. wow 250 quid more , stick with henk I think as he has a good reputation and with him you get the recorder too with the pro.

22. Why is there such a price difference?

23. Ive got a Henk map but its on my Mk2, used him for my old clio's too, can't fault him or his work tbh, very good smooth map and he knows his stuff

24. Paul has to make his money somehow!
    I guess he's effectively a distributor for Henk with the box's as they come from Fastchip, so he probably doesn't make a massive amount on the box
    But he uses his own maps rather than Henks from what i've read

25. With that price difference there's no way I'd go to RSTuning.
    Gonna email Henk myself now to see what he can do for me.

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just FYI, By the time you actually buy the RS tuner and a map from Henk it works out similar price to what RST charge for a proper map

27. Only thing about Henk is he won't map in larger injectors remotely so your limit with him is stage 2

28. I don't think that's correct Jamie, if you go on both sites rstuning is 250 for box and 350 for his map, henks is 350 for both, both guys start of with a generic map, but with henk if you get the pro version it has the flight data recorder and then you can send henk the data file it records with air/fuel and all the other info and he will then give you a custom map to your specific mods. correct me if I am wrong, let me go check his email to me .....

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RS tuner + a map from Henk is around £400+ for the RS250, Paul charges not much more for a proper map tweaked for your car on the Dyno.

Not knocking the RS tuner, Its the route i was originally going to go down with mine but i decided not to in the end.

30. I am sorry Jamie this was for the mk2 prices so apologies

Fastchip Stage1 map is included with every purchase that will give instant performance gains between 1-40 Horsepower (depending on the car type) ,
    over stock levels.

Also gives you the ability to easily change maps as you upgrade to new parts for your car. All possible
    with a few mouse clicks with the RSTuner kit !
    RSTuner Kit
    Version: RSTuner_Standard
    VIN VF1: Megane 2 RS xMxx (gas) (+ €98.00)
    Module: None
    Accessories: None RST_R_KIT €297.00 €297.00
    Subtotal: €297.00

Total: €297.00

31. [TABLE]
    [TR="class: sectiontableentry1"]
    [TD]Version: RSTuner_Standard
    VIN VF1: Megane 3 RS 250 265 DZxx (gas) (+ €198.00)
    Module: None
    Accessories: None[/TD]
    [TD]RST_R_KIT[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]€397.00[/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]€397.00[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="colspan: 4, align: right"]Subtotal:[/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: right"]€397.00[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 4"] [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][HR][/HR][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="colspan: 4, align: right"]Total: [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 3, align: right"]€397.00 or £310

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

32. to be fair ive had many maps on a dyno, but with henk and this needs to be emphasised if you buy the premium unit you get a flight data recorder for about £35 more and then records real live data from either track days or even day to day driving and then you can send this file to henk who can also do a proper tweaked map, once this data has been recorded and sent to him, I like the idea of being able to see my cars data on my laptop after a hard track day, and as ive said henk can also see this data to modify and make a custom map, of course rstuning are great guys too, there just 300 miles away from me lol

33. Thats me not emailing Henk then.

34. It may have changed but I doubt it he said it's due to safety IIRC.
    From what I gather your only option is rstuning then and I'm not sure if Paul does them remotely either.
    As from what ive read other places can map them in but not get the fuel gauge to read correctly so you run out of fuel when its showing 1/4 of a tank or so.
    Last time I looked it was only henk and Paul who could do it properly although if anyone knows any different I'd love to hear it!

35. I think what you have said is spot on JJ , I think for the milder tuners out there henk is a great alternative £250 for mk2 and £310 for mk3 , without leaving your house, even better with that flight data recorder, having the software on your own lappy can help and teach you whats going on with the car under track day stresses and day to day for beginners and higher, once the bug has bitten then go to rstuning for the big bhp/torque gains as they are amazing at what they do too, but from my experiances a lot of peeps stop at mild tunes, its the best of both worlds I think :smile:

36. Well I think ive talked myself into it anyway lol

37. I've only got a stage 1 from henk at the mo and I'm very happy with how it is tbh! I don't think you will be disappointed!
    Although I do plan on getting a 250 turbo and bigger injectors hopefully this year just means I will have to take the trek to Leeds! Unless someone else figures it out before then!

38. JJ how do you get on with the software on your lappy??? easy to use and understand??, being a calibration engineer for GKN I really fancy that aspect of the box and the flight data recorder , listen JJ you can pm me the info if you want as I don't wanna high jack the thread :worried:

39. I'm going to ring CC Tuning at Burton on Trent tomorrow.
    Ive got these mods plus the usual others and been told that they can custom map mine.

40. Hi Guys, who is email of heno? Thanks!