250 New Owner - York

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Themule, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Hello, I picked up a grey 2011 RS 250 with cup and lux packs a few weeks ago. Really pleased with the car. It is totally standard and has just had a suspension refresh. I don't see many of these around.
    Has 19" Steev wheels, 1 is quite kerbed. Possibly looking to swap with 18" cup alloys to improve ride comfort a bit - any thoughts?
    Anyway looking forward to using and contributing to the forum. Andy

CupS likes this.
  2. Potentially someone has removed the cup wheels for the 19's previously... I'm on cup 18's, my understanding is the tyre choice is wider (as in more available) and they are cheaper than 19 inch rubber.

3. I came down from the 19” Steev’s to 18” Tibors, wrapped them in goodyear f1 supersports and had the car 4 wheel laser aligned.

Ride comfort much better. I wanted to stick to premium tyres and they are a lot more reasonably priced in 18”

I’m in Leeds myself and i work in York city. Not commuting in as much due to covid but when i’m over your way, will give you a shout at some point if you fancy a drive in the moors

4. Hi and welcome - I have a Grey 265 and am In York too.
    Hope to see you out and about...……..

5. PS - I have just bought a set of cup 18in wheels for the same reason you state but not used them yet. The Steev's look good but make the ride quite harsh on some roads for sure...…….

6. Thanks guys. I am on the lookout for some 18s definitely. I haven't seen an RS Megane in the York area I don't think, they are fairly rare

7. I only got mine in may and it's not a daily car so won't see it about too much. Agree they seem quite rare.....