250 knock / creak

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by moono16v, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Hi all. Past couple of days I have been getting almost a creak from the car which sounds as if it's around the middle / back of the car.

It mainly happens when going slow and coming to a stop and when reversing slowly? I am not mechanically minded but I would guess a bush / mount somewhere? The noise is also like something needs greasing. It's like an old creaking door sound on a horror movie.

Another thing I have at the mo is the rear back right brake area makes a creak when sat still handbrake on....and when I press the brake pedal it causes a creaking noise almost like a metal Spring getting taught?!?!

Any help would be appreciated!

Elliott

2. Re-grease (with copper grease) the backingplates of the pads all around? Since the problem seems to be related to the braking system as you describe it. Greasing the backing plates may get rid of the creaking.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Don't put copper grease anywhere near your pads. Or any braking component for that matter

4. Well what should I use instead Jamie?

EDIT: I can take the fronts out easily enough but does anyone have a guide to taking backs off?

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ceratec or similar