250 exhaust trim cost?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jimmy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Anyone know the cost of the standard chrome exhaust trim on the 250? Mines slightly corroded!
    Would it be covered by Renault's anti-corrosion warranty with it technically been a body part?

2. No it wouldn't be covered.

3. You can bring them up fairly well with some metal polish and in the extreme some very very fine grade wire wool.

4. Guessing its the same as the 265, Ads quoted me £114 for a new one.

5. I used fine grade wire wool and some autosol, was very impressed at just what it did, like new!

6. £114 is extortionate! I'll try to clean it up. Thanks guys

7. Yeah i just use megs metal/chrome polish. Always gets rid of the caked on black soot stuff fine.

8. I'll try it. Thanks

9. Slightly off topic .....how do you remove this trim ? Is it easy enough ?

10. I think it just has sprung clips that hold it in place. Not sure if you have to slip something between the diffuser and trim to unclip or you can get to it behind the diffuser?
    Again i assume it looks similar to the streamline carbon one with regards to fit.

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Easy, Just use a screwdriver and it will just pop off. Took me 2 mins to change mine over

12. Looking at the images of it on google it has 4 push clips to the rear behind the diffuser. Sliding a thin down the sides should release it.