250 engine into a 225

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by ianplymouth, Dec 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi Guys
    I am going to start this project tomorrow, is it worth me documenting the change over or just get on with it with before and after pics.
    I am going to try and use the 250 gearbox as it is supposed to be stronger and it has not done that many miles.

What's your thoughts ?????

2. Have you factored in the dephaser for the variable valve timing on the 250 engine?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

3. I'd love you to document as much as you can. I'm already thinking about the best approach to long term power gains, so definitely intrigued as to how this goes.

4. Was going to leave it in there but not connected, why ???
    Could use the one from the old engine (225)

5. I can start with the removal or just the fitting, can do lots of pics as well if you want.

6. You won't be able to make the vvt from the 250 to work. You can run without the vvt no problem.

7. Apparently it doesn't make that much difference, i have driven 2 275's and didn't really notice the vvt kicking in

8. Well that's fine then :smile: just gives more tuning potential if you are going for a big spend build.

9. ha ha ha will see, not planning to spend lots on it but it will end up that way i bet