250 250 Cup Engine oil

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by DzeljoZmaj, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Hi, i am looking for a suggestion for an engine oil for my rs250. I think from buying it from autodoc de . Before i was using elf 5w40 sxr. But i was thinking to change it for liqui moly or motul. What is the best option thanks.

2. Another car forum I'm on has a oil scientist that works for one of the big four companies that develope pretty much all the engine lubrication products used by the entire car industry. To massively summarise his advice, its best to go with an oil with the most manufacturer specification "claims" - things like VW507 and obviously for us REN710.

Based on this I tend to keep an eye on the prices on carparts4less and bulk buy Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 when the discounted price is about £25/5L or less.

If you're interested I'd suggest sitting down with your favourite hot beverage and giving the below thread a read. There is no marketing bullshit or self interest and it is by far the best technical advice on engine oil I've come across on the Internet.

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/102625-engine-oil/

3. A lot of people stick to Elf SXR since that's the factory spec oil, but any fully synthetic 5w40 oil that meets Renault RN710 spec will be fine.

4. I use Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5w40, it has the Renault RN0710 spec, and living in Germany I can get the oil for a good price, not from Ebay, or in the net, but in the workshops... It's the second time that I use Liqui Moly, and so far, no problems with the engine or others things! I change the oil+filter always every +-6000 miles or 10 000kms!

manugtt likes this.
  5. I worked for Total's lubricant division for years and I still work in the oil industry.

Manufacturer approved all day long. Doesn't need to be Elf as long as it has the approval.

6. Thank you guys for all the suggestions, in my country there are a lot of fake oils and i am afraid of getting a fake one, this time i will try the Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5w40, i know the official dealer for my country and be 100% sure for its quality.