250 250 boot won’t open

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Sgwads, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Hi all,

went to my car today and the boot won’t open from the fob or boot switch.

Any ideas?

If I climb in the rear, remove boot plastic, how can I open the boot?

thanks in advance.

2. Not sure how you open it from inside, but mine did the same. I bought a new switch (push button) and it cured the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Anyone?? I can’t even get the boot open from inside?

4. two things. theres a fuse for the electric boot release as i found out recently. secondly drop the back seat and get a torch. look in the boot lock. theres a small catch you can flick with a screwdriver and the boot will open. also check the battery. if voltage is low this will also stop it working.hope this helps

5. Thank you

I ended up finding the little white plastic clip that opens the latch. I attach a photo for anyone going forward, it’s the small white circle on left.. You don’t need to remove plastics to open boot. Get a long flat screwdriver and torch and you will see it between the boot plastics.

Attached Files:

6. if its anything like the mk2 it will be the boot switch.Just a micro switch really..eventually they condensate inside and fall to bits.Bought 2 of ebay for peanuts...no problems so far.