250 boost hose split/come loose?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Springer, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Hi,I was giving the car a bit of stick tonight in 3rd and heard a pop is the only way I can describe it and the car now has no boost and sounds asthmatic with a deep induction noise,no warning lights on the dash,anyone any ideas what it could be? I'm thinking boost hose,only mods are RS Tuning stage 1 map and K&N panel filter,cheers

2. Mine did this due to a loose pipe (the pipe with the blow off valve on). The engine management light came on immediately, thought I'd blown the turbo! I re-connected the pipe and wiped the code. All good! Check all pipes connected to the turbo for any breakages.

3. Thanks,I've had a look and can't see anything so will have to remove the front bumper and check the intercooler hoses

4. Found the problem,the intercooler had come away at one end from the plastic corner piece that slots into the hose end,looks like it's only held in by metal tabs so will try and get it back in as nothing's broken
    Normally this would be a good excuse to uprate it but I've just bought a house that needs a few jobs