250/265 Brembo Callipers to R26

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by -KarL-, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Does anybody know if the brembo callipers off a 250/265 will fit an R26?

2. Daz

Daz

I've wondered this before actually!

3. They are massive i love em!

4. Don't suppose you could measure the distance between the bolts? the ones that bolt to the hub.

5. Iv been thinking this for about 2 months now and have ran it past a few member like Gray and Liquidf1, but general consensus is its more hassle than its worth and only real gain would be aesthetics. The standard calipers generate more than enough clamping force as it is.
    Also the master cylinder might not be large enough to accommodate the larger calipers.

6. Yeah the only real gain would be looks, think i will give this a miss as i can see the cost of it mounting up!

7. Im thinking the same mate, but they would look really good.
    Not sure if the wheel offset will mean the wheels will touch the calipers, also discs and rotor position will change.

We really need caliper dimensions, etc...theres a set of 250 calipers on ebay at the moment :wink:

8. There are a few sets on ebay, i think it may need brackets made up. Just like you need if your wanting 225/R26 callipers onto a 1*2.

I have e-mailed brembo but they dont have the dimensions :confused:

9. What about the larger brake kits such as the Cazan Racing ones, they don't come with master cylinders so they?

10. Not sure about the other kits, but im sure they will have been tried and tested.

Years ago i had a 106gti with 6 pot calipers on the front, the result was a dead pedal, almost like air in the system, once i changed the master cylinder to a 306gti unit the problem was solved...