225 Stage 2 turbo psi

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by phillian, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Hi does anybody know what psi a megane 225 runs usually on stage 2? Someone told me 1.4 bar but wasn't sure. Thanks

2. 18 to 20 psi, depends on software and addons

3. Ok cheers I have a Forge fmic so hopefully it can take 1.4 bar ish safely

4. what power do 225's get on stage 2 normally?

5. 260 to 270 bhp

6. Could be 280

7. If I recall right, 1.4 is known to bend engines according to Paul at RS from my recent visit.

8. guessing after that its forged and a GT28?

9. 1.4 is to much but it could hold it, 1.2 on the stage 2, and 280 its with the right add onds , fmic, inlet, dp, forge actuator and dv.
    1.4 and boom

10. I know it's hard to guess over the internet but roughly what would people estimate my bhp to be with the following mods

Decat
    Open induction cone
    Backbox chop
    Forge FMIC
    Ktec Hard pipe kit
    Remap that is boosting at 1.2 bar ( around 17 psi )

11. Are u saying it would hold 1.2 all through the rev range or go peek at 1.2 and then drop as u get higher up the revs?

12. 1.2bar is max stage 1 pressure? At 1.2 bar I had 98% wastegate duty which is to high. It holds it all the way through though. Stage 2s can peak at 1.5/1.6 but will drop off as said through the rev range.

13. And Phillian, anything from 260-280bhp

14. I've just had my 172 turbo mapped it run 246 and 260 lb of torque @ 1.2 bar but the fuel pump couldn't hold the pressure

But was told if I upgrade the pump it'll get more

15. I made 294bhp from my stage 2 :smile:

16. Can believe that Andyrg on Cs got 330 on standard 225 pistons

But a few guys else where says its the fuelling system that lets the 225's down

17. Nice lol. Nothing wrong with the fuelling though I don't think. Can get like 400bhp on standard fuel pump I think?

18. The megane fuel system is junk! It has a very basic system and isnt regulated on the rail, so with no rising rate fuel pressure you will struggle to get more than 360-370bhp, but thats gtx28/30 power.

uprated fuel system are expensive!

19. You keeping the fuel system on yours standard?

20. At the moment as the turbine housing on the hybrid will be maxxed out and wont flow over 330-350bhp.

Im trying to find another turbo setup that will fit the megane and flow 400bhp without going gt range. (Td04 hybrid with a different turbine housing and stainless manifold)

21. Can't you do want we've done on the Clio and run a pressure reg with a return line?

22. to run a regulator i would need a custom made fuel rail, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, return line, uprated feed pipe, bosch044 fuel pump and wiring, swirl pot and probably even bigger injectors.

23. All I see in that paragraph is £££££££ lol

24. Can use a ph2 Clio fuel rail adjustable pressure reg feed and return lines and walbro pump should need a swirl pot bigger injectors are at the users choice