225 225 recirc valve change for Remap?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BlueNGT, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Had a look at it, looks a real pain to get to the bottom bolt without removing the Turbo inlet pipe etc.

I am getting my car Mapped at EFI on the 29th and have bought a ProPerfekt Valve that I want to fit. Trouble is I go away on Friday and haven't got time to fit it before the remap, will the Map suffer with the standard valve?

Can I get it fitted afterwards?

I might my Garage do it as looks like I'll be losing skin and my temper trying on the drive.

Thanks in advance

2. Yeah it is a bit awkward and yes it’s easier with the turbo inlet pipe removed.
    Could Chris not fit it for you prior to mapping it?

3. I don't know, never been before, does he do things like that?

I'm going 650 injectors and buying them from Chris/EFI on the day which of course will need fitting.

4. Sorry 630 injectors

5. Yeah don’t see why he can’t do them too, the stock one will leak boost when mapped so you won’t get the most out of it without the valve fitted too.

6. I hope he can do it or I'll need to get it fitted afterwards!!

7. Sure he will.

8. Fitted my ProPerfekt recirc valve in situ. Think I asked my wife with smaller fingers to help with the lower bolt. Got to book mine in with Engine Dynamics for 630 injectors and a remap.

9. It's do able, I did it on my 265 last weekend

Didn't remove the turbo inlet, but removed all sorts of other pipes & breathers

Need a 10mm spanner and a few differing sockets