225 misfire on idle

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Johnny87, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Not long purchased my trophy but it appears it has a slight misfire on idle. To clarify I haven't changed anything as of yet, reason being the picture I'll upload of the diagnostic says multiple cylinder's misfire. So imo it's doubtful more than one plug or coil has gone down at the same time. Opinions welcome

Attached Files:

2. It will be the injectors mate.

3. How certain? Is it a common fault with these?

4. Injectors do seem to have a limited operational life depending on fuel quality used in the past. I changed mine before remap at around 67K. Whats idle like? Little cough through the exhaust at 1k?

5. I had the same problem, replaced the injectors and voila, problem solved.
    Does your check engine light comes blinking from time to time?

6. It's rough idle around the 900 mark. A way to explain how it feels is like it's had cams fitted. My car has just clocked 70k so maybe there ready for a change. What upgraded injectors could I look out for as it will be getting mapped soon. Thanks

7. You'll be after some Deka 630cc short injectors then. About £200 and they need to be mapped in. Theres a few people here that can get hold of them.

Johnny87 likes this.
  8. Thanks for your advice Ric, do people still recommend rs tuning? Or are their other tuners out their who know their stuff with Renaults

9. Would personally highly recommend engine dynamics myself.thee best

10. They're good mate. Had mine done there. Plenty of others available who are really capable of tuning the F4RT. as above engine dynamics is also very good. Just depends where your based in the country and the providers availability. Its my next mod is larger injectors as mine are maxed out at 279.7hp! Ill be going back to RS Tuning as they know the car.

11. I'd rather travel to a well known mapper than go to some cowboy outfit round the corner, I'm West Midlands based but have only heard good things about rs tuning.

12. Hearing a lot of good things about Chris at EFI in Runcon, Cheshire too.

RS Tuning
    Engine Dynamics
    EFI

13. A friend of mine takes his big power golf to efi undoubtedly one of the best mappers but the waiting time is a fare few months