225 Inferno getting a 250 engine

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by ianplymouth, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Mine made 275 today which I am happy with, Ian's made more, but I will let him update you all
    Cheers to Paul today , top man knows his stuff

2. Mine made 275 today which I am happy with, Ian's made more, but I will let him update you all
    Cheers to Paul today , top man knows his stuff

3. Guess he's still on his way home:tearsofjoy:

4. He is staying in a hotel tonight as it is around 6 hours each way for him.
    Lee.

5. Hi Guys
    back home now, good to meet up with you Lee that car of yours is insane, i have almost decided that when the Megane Dci and the SL55 are gone i will be on the look out, thanks for the ride and my mate hasn't stopped talking about it either :sunglasses:

Pete, nice Megane you have there, i have the actuator for the gear box, i might see if i can sort it down here for you and then see you at Silverstone with it, get the trackday booked :laughing:

6. You sure know how to keep things interesting don't you?

Results!!!!

rTEM likes this.
  7. ^^^

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Well i must say that i am not really that impressed.

The weather on the way up was shite, i am so glad i put on my new Rainsport 3's, weather was good on Monday when at RS, but on the way home today it was pissing down nearly all the way home :rage:

I supposed it made me drive a bit slower (not a chance :laughing:)

Total respect to Paul he worked some great magic on my car.
    Had a few little issues to start with, he wouldn't do a pre run, as he felt the map that was on there was total shite, he had a look to see what was there and it turned out he recons the throttle was only opening to 60% and some sensors weren't being used.

There was a air leak on the charge cooler, so it was taken off the rollers so i could remove the cooler to fix the leaks.
    when it was all put back together, it was put back onto the rollers and there was still an issue with boost, only 0.6 bar and 200 hp, then the master found that i had connected the pipes of the N74 valve the wrong way around.

Anyway
    Many thanks Paul

The results

Megane%20map_zpscalbn7rw.jpg

ewant81 likes this.
  9. Well, the numbers may not be super high but i guess it drives like a champ! 325lb/ft of torque at 3000rpm and 305bhp doesn't sound too bad to me!

ewant81 likes this.
  10. I am super pleased with it, the figures are a bit down but Paul recons if i had different tyres on i could add another 10hp, the Rainsports got quite hot on the rollers.

It drives smooth as, pulls from nothing right to the limiter, strong all the way.
    i also get some great cracks when i change very near the limiter :sunglasses:

11. Those numbers are good, I would say that's a good result. There will always be someone who got more due to variation between engines so don't be too disheartened. What's worth remembering is that the 250 is pretty solid with this power, unlike the 225 which would be a lottery as to which day it would pop!

rTEM and ianplymouth like this.
  12. That is all i was really after, a strong reliable engine with a decent amount of power.
    The numbers aren't the be all and end all, driving it there is such a massive difference in the power and delivery from the old engine to this one, Paul recons the 225 engine was running about 225hp and not much more, it's a totally different animal :laughing:

13. Ouch, he really wasn't all that impressed with the previous map then! On the plus side, it makes this power seem all that much more.

On a different note, I have had quite a few people in my car who have experience with tuned cars who have commented that the power delivery was very smooth. Paul does know how to map a car with good, useable power!

14. Track day and hotel booked mate
    I bet you still have a big grin on your face
    Mine has effortless power and very smooth
    I am impressed with Paul and his team
    Nice to meet you lee, take me for a ride in your car next time please

15. That great, be good to get it out on the track to see what it's really like.

That A45 was i a different league, the acceleration, the cornering and the brakes, I want one, i want one, i need one :laughing:

16. I think that is a bit of an under statement, he wouldn't even run it on the dyno before hand, said he wasn't gong to take the chance of doing damage, especially when he ask what injector that were in it (250)

17. Nice to meet you too & glad you liked the extra power of the a45..... So when you buying one.

Lee

18. Nice to meet you too mate. If you had of said I would have taken you out in my a45. If it gives rain for silverstone I'll be bringing it so I'll take you out there.
    See you in the premier on Sunday night.
    Lee

19. I need to sell my SL55 and the diesel Megane sport first :grin:

20. Be in the bar Sunday night mate lol

21. I'm gonna be there for 5:30 ish.
    Lee

22. Did you book into the Premier as well ?????

23. Hi Ian. Thanks for the ride round Oulton. What a car. Build thread is really interesting. Saw this when I was reading up on options. Thought id say hello.Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ianplymouth likes this.
  24. Hi Chris
    Glad you enjoyed it, i am so very pleased with it, its gone very well, just got back from Silverstone, what a day there as well

25. Made the most of your weekend then. Take it easy and may bump into you again over summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianplymouth likes this.
  26. Dragging up some old stuff here Ian .

What way did you cap the weird vacuum fitting on the throttle body?

My initial idea was to continue to use this one and cap one of the surplus vacuum ports on the intake manifold?

Just getting into the meat of this project now. Have had a few delays so might have some more questions as it progresses the next few weeks.

I see one other old thread referring to needing to extend wiring on the look for certain sensors. Had you to do any of that?

27. I used a 5mm screw with a rubber washer on the inside and the outside, used a nylock nut so it didn't come loose.

i used the ones on the manifold as they were better to use as the ones on the throttle tend to break, so then you need some way of holding it in, the Ktec brackets are expensive for what they are.

I had to fit the old (225) sensors onto the 250 engine, as the plugs wouldn't fit the 250 sensors, sure i didn't extend any of the wiring, maybe reroute it :laughing::laughing:

I'll try to help where ever i can

Chawkie likes this.