225 Exhaust system question please.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RMS225, May 3, 2014.

1. Hey all
    i have removed both boxes on my meggy and it sounds ace.
    What do you think on removing cat and have a straight through system. I've got a friendly MOT guy. Lol

2. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

They sound silly with both boxes removed so with no boxes and a decat.... Ekkkk I dread to think.

MOT station might be friendly but I doubt the local plod will be.

3. What about decat with rear box only??
    Im loving no boxes at the moment sounds lovely.

4. I ran a decat with rear box.

That was acceptably loud. Sounds quite good really.

5. Im running a miltek decat with straight through and rear box and sounds ace and LOUD enough pops and crackles nicely too removing both personally would sound ridiculously loud

6. Sounds horrible I had a decat with no boxes after my cat snapped so bought the miltec decat and it was horrible it was just loud and tractory I would not recomend it to anyone so I ended up buying a full miltec exhuast

7. I have a 3" turbo back k-Tec system with a small back box and that's loud dread to to think what yours is like

8. I had ktec 3" turbo back but sold that and going decat with back box chop.

9. Mmm a lot of feed back chaps thanks. I'm feeling decat with small centre box to keep any drone out. Or maybe ktec (piper) system both turbo back. Some flames will be nice. Lol.

10. I'm having a full 3" system fitted next week, gonna go for a small back box and it's de-catted so hopefully will noise it up a little, had a scorpion previously but sold it and went back to standard, not feeling it now though.

11. Just leave a high flow back box