225 drive shaft refresh

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by maece82, Jan 27, 2019.

1. I'm going to refresh two used drive shafts for my 225. The shafts gets painted and the outer cv joints renewed, as well as the inner and outer boots.

Everything looks quite straight forward, except the bearing on the right hand shaft and the rubber ring damper parts.

Regarding the bearing, the manual states to use a tube and a press. Could somebody give me a hint how to do it properly?

And does anybody know, where I could buy new rubber damper rings, as the actual ones are quite worn and brittle?

I don't like to buy cheap refreshed shafts, as I would like to install proper SNR CV joints and no cheap reground somewhat parts.

Many thanks and cheers
    Marcel

2. Part number CV joints manufacturer SNR
    OJK55.026

Part number CV joints manufacturer SKF
    VKJA 5684

3. Hi Marcel!

Did you get the job done already?

I'm doing the same thing now and things look tight and complicated so I could also use a little help with this. I guess the short side drive shaft would be relatively easy to do, but the long side (two piece) looks like I need to understand the removal/fitting procedure before taking it on.

I do have the factory repair manual, but as we know, it has a tendency to recommend special tools for every job, and usually they are not strictly required.

So, if anyone could help me out with a guide (or a link to a guide) about how to replace driveshafts on a Meg 225, that would be greatly appreciated!