225 cv joint

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by IiPaul12, May 12, 2019.

1. has anyone just replaced the cv joint on the driveshaft? If so isit a easy job?
    Or is it worth getting a new shaft?

2. IF the shaft is ok, then you can just renew the CV joint.Europarts, and a few others, will sell you the CV joint.

3. The shaft is good, isit just a case of knocking the old cv off and sliding the new one on?

4. It's not that hard I think.

I've just dismantled the two 225 drive shafts for refubishment and painting of the shafts.

The outer CV joints (SNR, should be OEM) and both boots (Renault OEM) were bought, but not reassembled yet...but should be as any other drive shaft as well...

340.jpg

IiPaul12 likes this.
  5. 341.jpg

6. 342.jpg

7. 343.jpg

8. 344.jpg

Very easy removal of the CV joint, with a universal CV joint removal tool and a spare hub nut

9. Thanks mate,
    Looks kinda straight forward, I’ll start the process tomorrow see how it goes

10. Hi there! I just asked this on your older topic too, but I'm in a bit of a hurry, so... Could you please share your experience on how to remove the driveshaft off the car? Looks really tight in there, and I wouldn't want to damage anything in the process.. Any help woult be great! Thanks.

11. Done mine last night just a case of knocking the old cv off and pushing the new one on! Was surprisingly easy!

12. Thanks, good to know. But I really need info on how to correctly remove the complete driveshafts off the car, both sides.