225 clutch questions - bear with me gents......

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Giles, Mar 3, 2015.

1. So, I'm new to this forum and have only had my 56 225 for 8 days now. And guess what - my clutch is slipping.

Searched the forums, but still have some questions for you knowledgeable lot if you could give me some answers.

FYI - car is on 92k. No history about the clutch. Has forge inter cooler, dump valve and full scorpion exhaust.
    Use will be daily driving as a toy, ie I also have a company car for doing lots of miles, and a serious Peugeot 205 hill climb spec car for track fun (240bhp on TB's etc etc). So this car will only do 6k year for a year or 2, and no major power upgrades. This makes me think an OE clutch set up will be fine (thoughts?).

My questions:
    1) any way to tell with the gearbox still on if it has a dmf or dmf fitted?
    2) is there any way to tell if the dmf is shagged before dropping the box, or (as it seems) a visual inspection is needed?
    3) any other things to check that could be causing the clutch to slip (seems unlikely, no oil leaks visible etc)?
    4) who makes the OE parts (Valero, luk etc) and any brands thought good for each, or ones to avoid (wouldn't be buying the £2.50 Chinese stuff btw)?
    5) workshop manual, or a good guide/manual that covers clutch changes - where can I get this form?
    6) any other good things to do at the same time as a clutch change - change gearbox oil (little crunchy when cold), driveshaft oil seals etc.
    7) new bolts needed for flywheel? If so from where?
    8) recommended gearbox oil please.
    9) any special tools required for the job? Seen some of the clutch sellers saying special tool required, but not clear what. If it's a clutch aligning tool then no issue.

hum... Seems I have a lot of questions. Lol

Any questions, pointers, links or advice would be most welcome.
    cheers.