225 cambelt change ( mechanic needed )

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RMS225, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Hey all
    are there any mechanics who know how to do this cambelt change. I have all the parts
    and plenty know how on mechanis and cars but do t want to risk it.

Garages charhe crazy money. I'm willing to help use my tools kit whatever and sort some cash your way.
    Im located in Hemel but can travel not to far though.
    Mark Black has offered but 4 hour round trip is costly for me.

Thanks all.

2. Sadly mate it's not a simple job and not cheap if you go through a garage. My local mechanics who are generally very good actually said they wouldn't touch it as it's such a ballache.

My local Renault dealers wanted £1,500 to replace the cambelt and water pump!!!! :worried:

3. Mark blacks your best bet mate. My journey to him is only a 2 hour round trip but it's definitely worth it and I'll only be using him from now on

4. He charges around £400 for belt , pump and all the other bits needed

5. For that kinda price it's worth driving the distance!!! :smile:

6. Yeah mines still with him. It was 400 for parts and labour. Both belts, pump and coolant if I'm correct. Can't go wrong

7. Very true. Thanks all. I'll see what I can do. Mark is really booked up for Saturdays so will have to wait. ;(

8. Try Renault Hardings in Bovington. It is just 5 miles from you. I got my car from them and they are reasonable.

9. You've also got Dan @ 519 Automotive just East of Bedford so not that far from you....

10. Ditto, I drove to Mark black, around hour and half each way and was well worth it. the guy is a legend

11. Highly recommend 519 Automotive.

12. Another one for Mark Black ... 2 and a half hour round trip for me but definitely worth it

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014