225 cam belt change.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nick-225, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Main dealer has just quoted me £1500 to have the belt and water pump changed.anyone know of any good/experienced garages in the Kent area?? Wasn't expecting to pay as much as that.

cheers in advance.

2. I was quoted the same by my dealership although managed to get a discount through a friend at the Woking branch and paid £900.

Rentech is where I'm taking my 225 Trophy later in the year but they're based in Portsmouth but are £650.

3. I'd get on the M1 and see Mark Black!

4. engine dynamics if you're dowm that way???

5. Cheers for the input guys, I'll make some phone calls. :smile:

6. be wary of a quote under £400
    Mine came with a receipt for all the work @ £320.. they'd done a bad, bad job of it...

7. Just booked mine in with mark black. Got a very very good reputation. He does them for £400 all in including genuine renault belt kit and water pump. Get yourself up the M1 mate for a day out and blast in the car!!

8. Mark is currently doing a cambelt change (amongst a lot of other bits) to mine. Recommend his work!

9. I dont know who Mark Black is but Ive already heard his name mentioned a few times. Is he the guy from Diamond?

10. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader