2015 Civic Type-R

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Feirny, Mar 3, 2015.

1. R26

R26

Residuals seem to be a massive disappointment with these, a 16 plate with only a few thousand miles on it going for a touch under 27k, that's from a retail price of over 33k. I bet dealers are giving discounts now.

2. Saw red one yesterday, they just look so barry it's terrible. I thought the old Focus looked over done but these take the biscuit.x

MilosB likes this.
  3. In every back to back test of the Honda & the Megane on track ive seen the Megane has won easily.
    Don't get me wrong I like Honda (recently sold our FN2 Civic Type R) but the Honda that set the 'Ring' record was far from what you can buy in the showroom whereas my RS275R is identical to the car that Renault set their time with.
    Several Japanese manufacturers are well known for fudging the facts when it comes to 'Ring' times.

4. NJH

NJH

No doubt its a great car but the looks I just can't get over. Its also a shame that its such a divergence from the fd2. That car one could definitely move to from a Meg, a high revving race car with number plates alternative to the R26.R. This is reflected in the values as well as those things seem to be holding strong and going up slightly and are not far off the price of an R26.R either.

5. A friend had one of the first ones and we did a lot of track and hooning 'work' in it. I drove it at Bedford (that's actually me in my profile pic in it) and it was (whisper it) a bit better/nicer than a Megane. This is not surprising really as its much newer in terms of design. Looks are irrelevant, personally if I drive a fast car I want it to look like one (within reason) and I do like the wing etc on it. It biggest current challenge is that, for now, RS Meganes are so much cheaper in comparison but that will not last.

6. Im not sure if you mean looks are irrelevant to its performance or to its overall appeal?

I love over the top looking cars and admire Honda for going a bit mental with it as it makes the motoring world more interesting. However I still think the rear quarter looks awkward and ugly.

I was impressed with looks when they released that teaser video:

Honda-Civic-Type-R-Carscoops3.jpg

7. To its appeal I meant. I love it but I seem to hear lots of complaints that it actually looks like the fast car it is!

I agree about the quarter too, the front got widened but the rear didn't.

8. It seems Hondas ridiculous obsession of making type R`s with comedy stiff suspension settings continues..WHY?
    The hardest setting is said to be useless,even on the track,let alone a bumpy british tarmac.

In the recent group EVO test,they said while decent enough on the track,the car bordered on unstable on the road with its rock hard ride skipping over bumps.

The should have revisited the Type R`s of old.
    My Integra DC2 had fabulous poise on its multi link set-up..
    The only car I have ever driven,and always felt in total control,right up to the limit.

9. NJH

NJH

That is only on its sport setting surely, in normal mode the reviews I read claimed it was a pretty decent ride. Fd2 definitely had the rep for being brutally stiff but then when one looks at its lap times it explains how a 1260 Kg car with a 220 Bhp NA engine could get round tracks so fast. Unfortunately the DC2 is slow in all regards by todays standards and Honda have shown recently (fd2 then fk2) an obsession with lap times so the days of reasonable size tyres, low weight etc. are long gone.

10. Yeah, I really wish they had kept the rear wing that was on the prototype version, I thought that looked great. That teaser video campaign on YouTube with the two stories side by side was very clever also.

11. The CTR has great suspension, my friend said it was one of the most comfortable cars he's been in and he does a lot of driving. It seemed fine on track too, more stiff than my Megane of course but then it has adjustable suspension.

12. Semtax likes this.
  13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Shame it isn't an off the production line car but a development car with a cage and no rear seats LOL.

Still mighty impressive though

14. Very impressive time.

Just had a look back at some of photos of this new model and even from the press images it looks like an absolute dogs dinner, especially from the rear.

15. That is fucking hideous

16. lol !

"I wish it was even faster,so fast in fact that it would be nothing but a blur when it passes me by and my eyes would have the blessed relief of not actually being able to see it."

17. i really dont know who the fuck is designing cars these days.
    You can count on one hand, a new car that actually looks good from all angles.

That type R has gone back to multi link suspension like the Type R`s of old used to have, like the DC2.

Watching his lap,it was all about dealing with push on understeer..look at the wheel feedback.
    Not a sniff of oversteer.

18. +1000

19. I don't mind it. The three exhausts are a bit silly, but there are worse looking cars out there. At least they are being brave, rather than going "mature" like everyone else.

BurnoutBram and Nigelo like this.
  20. And for Renault, let's hope more mature doesn't mean more boring like the 1.6 Clio turbo. Never seen one of them on a trackday.